SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 06:02:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 Parts  (Read 13192 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:11:00 am »

Sorry with Josh here....

I'd rather give something away to a person on this site then make a few bob on Ebay...

You had your chance when he listed it a while ago...
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 11:58:38 am »

Josh ,
                 I agree You LISTED on the site first .First Come First Served

Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 01:18:28 pm »

First post to this thread was June 12 advertising all 81 parts to members.
Parts were not listed on E-bay until June 20.

I don't see a problem!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:36:10 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 02:14:21 pm »

On another Note on this !! I also agree to some extent with Dave .I know we have all giveing some things away for free are at Our cost. But This was Diffirent It was Posted Here for 8-9days & Know One went after it .

Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 02:26:41 pm »

But the person complaining is a member so he saw my post way before I put it on ebay. If the person complaining wasn't a member I would understand. Either way it doesn't matter. It's done. I sold the parts to a friend that bought a Vendorlator 81 at the last minute and asked for the parts and I sold them at about 1/4 of the ebay price. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »

Nothing wrong with that at all Josh, Thanks for offering them up to the group first and I know you had I had several emails about them too.. but I didnt' pull the trigger on it, Joey did and Good for him!..

Don't sweat it, You did good son,, you did good! (I think that is from foghorn Leghorn?) maybe not ..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 03:50:23 pm »

Thanks guys this has really bothered me today. I was shocked when a fellow member sent me a message today mad at me for selling the parts and ending the ebay auction. If it was a non member I would understand but with a member I have posted in Swapmeet and in Classifieds for these parts and he never said anything but then is angry about the ebay auction. I really don't want to upset anyone and this has really bothered me today.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 06:46:37 pm »

Josh,

Don't sweat it.  As you have pointed out, there are many items listed on E-Bay that indicate that the seller reserves the right to end the auction early.  You took care of an SMC member to boot!

The beef that I have with people who pull auctions early is when I see the item re-listed for a much higher starting price.  A good example was a complete Vendo 39 (early model) in what appeared to be great original shape listed on E-bay early last week with a starting price of $100 and no reserve.  Even though it was in Florida, I was watching that machine and it had a couple of bids on it.  All of the sudden the listing is pulled and the next day it shows up with a starting price of $1,850!  Thats the kind of E-bay crap that ticks me off.  Pulling a listing early because the item sells locally or otherwise happens everyday.

My two cents!

drinking Tim drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »

Not to toss gasoline on a fire, but technically citing you also have the item for sale locally, and can pull the auction is against Ebay's rules.  You agree to sell to the highest bidder, (reserve auctions excluded)

Now before any flames start,yes, I've pulled an auction early due to a local sale, but there also weren't any bids pending

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 08:33:26 pm »

Yes it is against eBay "rules", but *%$# them. People pull listings all the time and if it sells locally - great! It is all about selling things. I wouldn't let it bother you Josh.
What about the Vendo Junior just a couple of weeks ago - BIN $1.50, which was a listing error. eBay didn't demand the seller sell it for that price even though somebody did actually bid and win the item. Has anybody ever heard of a lawsuit being brought on because of an item off eBay?

Tim - It doesn't really bother me when people pull their item and re-list it for an outrageous amount. They are just wasting their money and will soon come down to earth.
What really bothers me is when somebody pulls a listing (with bids) just over the 12 hour threshold because they didn't put a reserve on the item and the bidding isn't at a acceptable level in their eyes. Not only are they cheating eBay out of reserve fees, final value fees, etc, but they are truly weasels because they can't stomach the thought of an item selling for less than what they think it is worth. I've had items jump from $30 to over $300 in the last few minutes and I've had items sit at a low level with no last minute bidding.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:59:17 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: