SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 03:30:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39  (Read 7239 times)
gasmelincelr

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 08:40:27 pm »

Sale pending, again. Thanks for the interest.
pepsibob
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 03:23:41 am »

I tried to buy it but when I told the seller I was out of state in mn never got a reply back why post it here if he dont want to sell it out of state
gasmelincelr

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 12:39:20 pm »

My intent was to sell it to someone who would come and pick it up, I guess I should have put that in the ad. I don't really like to sell things to people without them eyeballing it first.
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 01:49:09 pm »

I never understtod that. I was going to buy a Pepsi machine once on e-bay but the seller wouldn't sell it to me because i was out of State. I told him no problem, I'll pay you first in full then have a shipping company pick it up, no problem right, wrong, no deal, he wouldn't do that. I had to see it first. This is what I do now, I contact someone in his town and have them say they're me, done deal. There are ways around everything. laugh

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 05:22:21 pm »

You imagine what its like with some people trying to buy from overseas.
Were not all Nigerian Princes who use Western Union...
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

The big problems with that on ebay is the old "not as described" charge back and the old "didn't receive it" charge back. The ebay rules, and more so Paypal, you will will a dispute every time if you cant PROVE that the item got there as described. I've had at least 20 battles with someone trying this to me and it happens overseas a lot! (sorry birdman!)

If it is a machine, you pay, you shippers pick it up, then you can't prove it got there, which will get them their money back 100% of the time. Easy scam to be honest.

Also, they say it wasn't as described,( and what you put in the add doesn't really matter because they say the buyer has to be happy with the item anyway), then they get their money back no questions asked. And your machine is sitting half way across the country. Go get it!!

Ever get something in the mail from ebay without tracking or insurance (which is tracked), just open up a case against the person and it is free every time.

The only way to make ebay safe is to have all of these things in place, but unless you sell on ebay a lot, you don't find out until after getting burned. That is why nobody wants to ship overseas anymore, it costs so much to ship overseas express so it is tracked. You lose 11% of the sale price PLUS SHIPPING between ebay and paypal, so if the item is $10 you are paying fees on $50 cause $40 is shipping and you make $4.50 instead of $9ish on the $10 item if the shipping was $2 tracked in the us.

Tim
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: