SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:18:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 3511 times)
« on: September 07, 2004, 11:04:33 pm »

Ok I'm VERY new to all of this...   I'm JUST starting my little project of restoring this machine and have a few questions...

I'm guessing the top is the refrig... it gets somewhat cold...

But what is the bottom part?  Is that the compressor? It has a R12 stamped on the back...   But I DID notice that the fan behind the fins is not spinning and it's getting REALLY hot...

Since I'm going to restore this machine... what would be the cost of getting it cleaned up and brought up to date with new freon or what ever they used now?

It's a Model VF110B-A from Vendorlator... so I think that's a VF56?

ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 02:07:33 am »

one is the evaporator I think. If I got the name right. Yea i was first puzzled when I saw both items that look almost identical to each other. But one has a fan behind it. Well normally on a order machine. It is used to cool down liquid going to the compressor? I'm not 100%. I myself just looked up the other day how a typical refrigeration unit works on the net. That does bring me to a quesetion I have. How flexible is the metal tubes? Say if I purchase a rebuilt deck I noticed I have to put the deck in bottom of said machine. Then put the cooling part above in the carpartment. are those pretty flexable?

later,

ussexplorer
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 08:14:56 am »

The top portion in the "cold" area is the evaportator, the compressor & condensor coil in on the lower deck below,
if the condensor's cooling fan ( electric motor) isn't turning, then..yes, it will get very hot!, so it's time to replace it. usually less than $25.00, then if you are going to be cleaning the machine up, it's relatively easy to remove the whole refrigeration unit as a whole from the machine, you must be careful not to bend/kink or break the copper tubing , although it is quite flexible, it doesn't take kindly to being bent repeativly back & forth.

if the units cooling OK, then you just need to clean it up & give it a nice paint job ( semi gloss black on the lower section & compressor) & rewiring is always a good Idea. Many of the suppliers listed with this site & others have the wiring harness for this machine, ( it's looks like a 60's Vendo V-110)
just be sure to copy down the info off of the ID tag on the side of the machine, (if it has one still.)

You just unplug the wiring connector you see in the lower left side, remove the screws that holds the evaporator in the cabinet, remove the bolt that secures the compressor deck to the bottom of the machine, remove the cover that protects the copper lines & wires going to the upper cabinet, then slide it carefully out of the machine,

once you get it out, you can clean, paint, rewire, & replace the condensor fans motor, & as long as you have it out, it's a good idea to replace the other one too ( evaporator fan), then  you can have fun working on the rest of the machine!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: