SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 09:08:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage Video games  (Read 5354 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: August 10, 2007, 09:35:43 pm »

help help

After getting a few arcade cabinets, I started getting the bug for my old Intellivision game system... I have an emulator for it, and have played a few games, but its not the same. I started looking on ebay, and ended up with a system and a few games around $30 shipped. It'll be here in the next few days..  hopefull I've been looking at games, and I came across another system with a few games, and it was pretty cheap, so I threw a bid at it. With less than 24hrs, and no other bids, I may have my 2nd system...  down

Anyway, after looking around on google, I found a cool site for vintage systems and games...

http://4jays.net/store//index.html

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:44:34 pm »

I think the first game system my parents bought for us was Odyssey2 by Magnavox

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:51:43 pm »

I still have my original PONG Game console, Doesn't work any longer but thought it was cool enough to keep. Also have my Atari 2600 system with about 12 games I think... I was the master at Pitfall in 1988!!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:01:01 am »

I am kicking myself.. I'm the guy that never throws away anything got rid of a Super Nintendo and games, Turbo Grafix-16 and games, and also the handheld Turbo Grafix game system, and a few NES systems. It seems as though I get rid of all the good stuff, and keep my old Camel Cigarette give aways...  darn

All my buddies had the Atari 2600, and I had the Intellivision. Then, they all got Commodore 64's, and I got the Texas Instruments TI-99.

I was looking at the pong games on 4Jays website..  laugh

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 09:34:14 am »

I still have my original Atari 2600.  I'm up to almost 300 different games for it.  tounge
4Jays is a pretty good place, I've ordered from them before.  You might also try Atari Guide.  Besides Atari stuff they also carry Intellivsion games and other items for classic systems.   smile

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 05:46:50 pm »

Well, I got my Intellivision today... Its just as much fun as I remember. I need to get some more one player games, cause the kids just got the Wii and don't have a whole lot of interest in the old games..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:24:42 am »

the holy grail of vintage arcade games is the sit down 2 player pac man game.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 02:16:10 pm »

I recently bought one of these plug in game systems that has (claimed) to have 200 games in it, I've recognized about 50 of them. It simply plugs into the rca jacks on the back of the tv, and has a wireless and wired controller and lightgun.  it has a ton of great games and they look just like the originals I remember from my 2600 and other upright arcade games.
All  the pacmans, Dig Dugs, Donkey kongs, paperboy, Mario Brothers, etc... Not bad for $30 bucks or so that I paid for it.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 07:39:57 pm »

We've got a few of those plug and play games and the kids love them. I wanted to buy the Intellivision for the controllers... I have MAME and a bunch of other emulators for other systems, but Intellivision is hard to duplicate without the controllers..

On a side note, my system stopped working last night... not sure what happened, but I've got no video right now or sound..  down I think the PS may have died.. The first few times, the system was warm after playing it, but now it stays cold.. I've gotta pull it apart..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: