SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 06:49:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northwestern 33 peanut machine lock  (Read 3355 times)
dprat1
« on: July 31, 2007, 01:03:19 pm »

I have a peanut machine I will restore but there is no key for the bottom base lock. I will be getting a new lock for it but in the mean time.... any suggestions on how to get it opened up... short of a locksmith? I have never tried to drill one out before.. would this work?
Thanks again Eric for the previous info.
doug
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:27:19 am »

I recently recieved a Victor Topper Gumball machine from a relative and when I got it there was no key. I ended up drilling it out and it worked fine. When you drill, you should only have to drill less than 1/2". When it comes to locks and gumball related items I contact Roger at Crow River Trading Company, he sells all sorts of new/used replacement items and is a n absolute whiz when it comes to locks & keys.

If you don't want to drill, give Roger a call and maybe he'll have a key for you.

Brian
dprat1
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:55:12 pm »

Thanks Brian for the reply,
I was perhaps, a little premature with my post. I was able to get the machine disassembled. The lock was pretty buggered up. Eric had steered me to Crown River and I have a replacement lock and a few other parts on the way. I know this little project is not near as big as my C-51 restore but I'm having fun doing it. I did not like the way the pot metal was buffing out so I decided to try some leftover Hammered paint on those parts and trying to shine up the chute and door. Think it's going to turn out pretty nice. I'll post a before and after when done.
doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: