SMC Discussion Areas
May 28, 2024, 01:10:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished the restoration of my non-coin operated Popperette  (Read 4804 times)
Stotman

« on: June 09, 2015, 07:23:12 am »

Last night I wrapped up the restoration of my popperette. I will post pics of the actual restoration later.
Fun project. This machine sat behind the bar on a counter top. Notice no hole in the formica. The stand is a reproduction. You push in the button on the lower right side and the machine starts the cycle. The start button is reset by the machine. Again, I will post more pics and a video soon, but I wanted to share the finished project with everyone.

http://popperette.blogspot.com/
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:48:16 pm »

It Looks Great !!!!  Have you Tried It Yet ? I saw this machine at Brains House and looked it over & it Looked complete .  I have one that a member helped get for me then Re-Wired it ,But Due to lack of free time i've dropped the ball on firing it up But I will this weekend as I promised the grand kids . All I can do is break it LOL  tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Stotman

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 01:24:14 pm »

I made popcorn in it when I first got it. When restoring it I discovered the heating element was broken in 5 places. I purchased a new heating element and I was anxious to finish the machine and fire it up. However, after all of the work I put into the restoration, I have decided I don't want to get it all dirty. I will continue to make popcorn on the microwave.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 02:08:13 pm »

I made popcorn in it when I first got it. When restoring it I discovered the heating element was broken in 5 places. I purchased a new heating element and I was anxious to finish the machine and fire it up. However, after all of the work I put into the restoration, I have decided I don't want to get it all dirty. I will continue to make popcorn on the microwave.

If you use prewarmed coconut oil it cleans up really easy and fast... you gotta use it.. cmon man!!! darn biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 02:30:25 pm »

Yep, with coconut oil.....THERE IS NO MESS.  That's the beauty of it. PLUSSSSSSSS, it taste GREAT and is good for you.    biggrin

A lot of stuff.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 03:06:23 pm »

Yep, with coconut oil.....THERE IS NO MESS.  That's the beauty of it. PLUSSSSSSSS, it taste GREAT and is good for you.    biggrin

I can vouch for that - coconut oil is the BEST for making popcorn.  It gives it an incredible richness.  Had the pleasure of sampling some popcorn made in coconut oil at Larry's house a little over a year ago.   

Best. Popcorn. Ever.

-Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Ross
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 07:57:20 pm »

Definitely use coconut oil.  Taste great and easy to clean.

Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo V-110
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »

Very Nice work on the restoration!
Now you can enjoy using it!
I also utilize coconut oil and cleanup is a breeze!

My six cents,

Jim

sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 11:10:36 am »

Wow that came out great. Nice job with documenting the before and after process. Blog was a cool idea. Now you just need a coin op one ;-) to go with it.  biggrin. If anyone is looking for a original back vented cover for a popperette I have a couple for sale. PM me.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn