SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 05:05:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: westinghouse standard  (Read 2305 times)
planejon
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:39 pm »

Hi All,
 New member here.  My new wife came with an old Coke cooler she would like me to restore.  She says just a paint job and she will be happy.  I researched on the web for a while and found out it is a Westinghouse Standard electric.  I would like to restore it as much as I can to original, however it needs quite a few parts.  Can anyone here help me in finding parts, or direct me to someone/company that can? The parts I need are:

Complete lid
lid gasket
electric motor and all cooling coils related (seems to have been stripped and made into an  ice chest)

Thanks
 Jon Rausch
 planejon@seanet.com
 253-288-2456
 Seattle area
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:49:19 pm »

Please post some pictures for the group. I am sure you will recieve plenty of responses as well as helpful tips.
I have been keeping an eye out on both the craigslist and ebay for the parts I need for my projects.
There are also a few resources here on this site (web links) that I am sure will be of some help.
There is a guy near me (North Carolina) who makes the stainless steel liners for me. Very reasonable, $75.00. Sand blasting is about $90.00 for the Coke box itself. You can look for local resources like that in your local phone book.
I just bought two lids for a Master, they were $95.00 each. Real nice lids, and I think they are well worth the money. I couldn't find anybody locally who could do the same work. I bought them from The Soda Jerks Works. Talk to Steve, I am sure he can answer all of your questions. Steve@theSodaJerkWorks.com or (559)298 4682. I think he can get you the rubber gaskets for the lid, and he might even have the lids.
Your handles are aluminum and will polish up real nice. If you can't polish them yourself I am sure you can get them done for $30.00 or less.
Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: