SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 08:49:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found in the Ceiling!!!  (Read 6104 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 06:39:16 am »

Those motor oil signs are huge, and really cool looking.  They looked smaller in the picture.  I wonder how they were attached?  The one you have, with the key hole, looks used.

Ken, I also do the time capsul.  When Sammy Sosa and Mark Mcguier were going for the seasonal home run record 10 years ago, I put some newspapers, in a zip lock, and sealed it in the bathroom wall.  

When I did my kitchen, I sealed one of those new presidential dollars in a baggy and left a note saying "At least you found a buck, I found nothing in these walls."  My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Just relooked at the picture of the car.  The signs were held on by a metal rim.  very cool!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 06:40:52 am by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 08:42:32 am »

Yes, he is selling them, asking 450 for them...I'm kinda holding out for the metal version of this sign, the printing on the masonite signs , just comes out to jagged for my tast.. i'm sure it is hard to print on that material? oh well. still a cool find..

Tom, I too thought those disney signs where smaller, they look awesome as a larger sign, they must be what 20"- 24" in diameter or so?

Very cool!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 09:14:11 am »

They are just under 24" in diameter.
Disney just did not do very much advertising as signage - a lot of print advertising in newspapers, etc.
I think the other two signs I sold for about $500 & $1500 respectively ten or so years ago - I am guesstimating that the Donald Duck sign would be valued at about $3000 as it only has minimal damage and for a painted tin sign from 1940 is in amazing shape. Doesn't really matter to me what it is worth as I am not selling it unless I am in dire straits.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 11:56:43 am »

He must have raised his prices on the signs. When i inquired about the sign he was asking $285. I wish i would have contacted him sooner. I lost out on some Vendo milk, and other machines- coffee, soda, candy and popcorn listed in Iowa last week. Never got a reply back. Did anyone get those machines from this site?
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 12:33:58 pm »

Wow, sounds like a good find!  I wish I could say I got them, but alas, my quest for a Vendo Milk machine goes on! 

Nice find of signs as well!  I'm an old house guy, and love restoring them, but have never found anything that cool in the walls/ceilings!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »

I restored my 1885 Italianate never found anything in the walls. There were some newspapers under the floor cloths from late 1800's. Newspapers- on gardening, farming, religion in the attic. Playing cards with no numbers in the corners. Nothing worth didley. There was a sports box score and small roundup about a soon to be hall of famer who kept kicking dirt on the home plate. It was getting dark and he was stalling and making it hard for the umpire to see the plate. It was interesting reading how players acted back then. His name was King something. I can't remember his last name.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: