SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 09:31:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This guy is sitting on a gold mine...  (Read 2491 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: September 07, 2009, 02:49:31 am »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280393746084&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I thought he'd put it on as a joke but alas he is quite serious....

Hope he manages to find someone. I have a few I could sell on...

Dave
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 03:39:47 am »

Wow what an idiot. I sent him a message and referenced an auction of an old straight sided bottle for $175. Like 1953 was the first batch of Coke bottles to be made. I wonder if he is just seeing how many people send him nasty messages.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 06:55:04 am »

someone needs to put on the same bottle for .99 starting bid and email him the link. Are people that dumb?
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 07:11:37 am »

I got another reply from him:

Yeah I know but it's a bit of craic, I know there's no way that it is worth anywhere in that region but it means so much to me. There might be a rich American who will buy it (hopefully) & this will pay for the wedding that I could never have.

So come on guys he's bank on ya.... Get your Credit Cards out and help him have the wedding he's always dreamed of...
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:24 am »

I never knew that the 1950's were the "early 19th century"!  oh

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:24:21 am »

Crazy thing is, had he put a little more thought into it, he might be able to pull off a scam like the one he is now attempting to perpetrate. It is like fishing for a sucker. And if someone lowballs him and he agrees to a much lower price, he still makes out.

Kind of like all of those crack pot emails we get after placing adds on Craigslist. You know the ones I am talking about, the one's where someone agrees to your asking price and wants to send you a certified check, and they ask us to "just call my assistant", or " please contact my shipper". And they never mention the item by name because that would require a more individualistic approach to their con, which they don't have time for, because they are responding to every item that is over a certain price and appears to be easily shipped.

No more honesty, what a shame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: