SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:36:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner Theatre With Gum/Mint Reel  (Read 25945 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 02:12:59 pm »

I'm a bit of a vending machine junkie... But I love my Stoner best of all..
So do the kids....

Careful they bred rapidly.... My Stoner gave birth to a U Select a little while ago after it had a one night stand with
a vending machine I bought of Signguy... And then from out of nowhere a few weeeks ago a National popped out

They are one big happy family...

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 02:46:36 pm »

I'm a bit of a vending machine junkie... But I love my Stoner best of all..
So do the kids....

Careful they bred rapidly.... My Stoner gave birth to a U Select a little while ago after it had a one night stand with
a vending machine I bought of Signguy... And then from out of nowhere a few weeeks ago a National popped out

They are one big happy family...

Gotta watch those little buggers... better put a condom machine in there to prohibit more multiplying Dave!!!  biggrin oh

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 02:53:00 pm »

Hi all.  As you can see I am pursuing this candy machine thing.    Bob
Bob,
Sent you a PM as well...(personal message) located on the top of the page.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
barryra
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 03:06:48 pm »

I was reading the post about the "reserve" idea & I think you are correct. I just put it on just to protect myself in case everyone was on vacation & didn't see it. I will take the reserve off & hope it sells for an ok/fair price & the buyer appreciates it.

The only thing I disagree with in the comments is... how since you belong to this forum & you think you are family & friend's .... you won't bid against another guy from the forum. I think that sounds really nice but if you had something on Ebay wouldn't you want people to bid on your item.... I have been on here for awhile too.... and it's a friggn candy machine not a kidney.

That was the mind set why I got out of the antique radio collectors crowd... they all thought they were the smartest people in the room & everyone else's stuff was crap but there's was priceless.

Just my 2 cents
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 03:30:03 pm »

You do have a point...as a seller, you want everyone to have a bidding war to get the most money for your item.  I think most folks are referring to when an item is on ebay and there are a few here that want it...we don't want to just bid the other guy up when only half wanting the item, only to find out it's one of your buddies who wanted it.  I've seen it where the other bidder wasn't wanting it that badly and would have let the other guy get it if he had known (for a lot less).  I don't think there is really a right answer here...just courtesy among the group.

Barry, what radios did/do you collect?  I have about 125 of them, mostly from the 1920s.  I've never been on any forums for them, have been kinda dormant in my collecting of them for the last few years.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
barryra
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 03:44:10 pm »

I go more for the Zenith radios... 1936-1942. The large black dialed ones. I do like other brands that have the deco styled louvered grills & are bakelite/plastic. You should show me some pictures of what you tend to go for & I will keep an eye out for you. I change collector hobbies every once in awhile... from coin-op stuff to signs... old cars.. KISS rock group items... game used sports items... etc. I try not to have my house have that "horder collector look" but it's hard. I'm also getting married so.. you know how that goes.  biggrin

I tried taking the reserve off but it would only let me lower it close to what that last bid was.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 04:06:16 pm »

Barry

I'm sorry if my comments caused you offense. I didn't say it with any intention to force you to remove your reserve. Brian is right, you want the best price for your item. This forum is a very small community of people that share an interest. There are plenty of people out there that also share the same interest and don't have any part of this forum and will probably be bidding on your stoner. As a member of this group I hope your item sells very well...

Being 5000 miles away I pay well over the odss for what I have and get the runt of the litter... There is no way my stuff is the best and I have never professed it to be. As for being the smartest in the room I am the first to ask for advice and plenty of assistance....

Anyway the best of luck with your item....

Dave
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:11:47 pm by davethebirdman » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 05:08:43 pm »

Barry,

I agree that it is the seller's right and I don't sell on E-Bay; but if I did, I would start my listing at what I was willing to settle for.  As far as watching our for other members and not bidding against them, I guess I follow the line of thinking in Greg's post.  There are machines that I know that I want to add to my collection and then there are others when I see them it is more of a "well, if I can get that for a decent price . . ."

We have all mentioned machines that we would like to have from time to time and I try to keep those things in mind.  If I know of another member who may be interested more than me, I PM them to see if they are bidding.  If they are serious about getting the item, I back away because there are plenty of collectors outside of this forum or those who lurk as guests who will drive up the bid without my half-hearted interest.  Otherwise, if I really want the item I am going for it.  That is all I meant by not bidding-up other SMC members.

Thanks for the update on the auction.

The radio bug has not bitten me but the antique phone one has and the juke box one keeps trying!  So many toys so little money!

drinking Tim drinking
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 09:18:05 pm »

Yes!.. Love old W.E. phones!.... Want a juke.... need another cooler.... it never ends...

Killer Stoner! Hope you get more than you want!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 08:36:59 am »

So where is everyone at on this ? Like I said - not very far from me and I'm interested, but I don't want to step on toes... I also have other items on the wishlist, so if someone has this at the top of their list, let me know..(send me a pm)

Bob
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: