SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 05:47:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody ever used these guys or bought from them?  (Read 2415 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« on: May 02, 2009, 02:02:22 pm »

I ran across this website a little while back -

http://www.kccoinop.com/

I like their commitment to originality such as plating with Turn of the Century watts nickel as opposed to current plating techniques. It is a very purist attitude.
Doesn't appear that they do soda machines, but they do a lot of other coin-ops.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 05:23:40 am »

Looks like they do a great job. I like their approach.

Brian
vendo39
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:05:21 am »

Did you notice how everything on that web site is about buying and nothing is about selling?  I did so I called the owner (Johnny) about six months ago. I did end up buying a candy machine from him (click on vending machines and it’s picture #10 biggrin) but basically he is just a private collector and rarely sells anything as far as I know.  Every picture you see on that web site, and there are hundreds of pictures, is just stuff in his house.  Really.   jawdrop

It is incredible. That picture on the home page is just a small portion of one of his garages.

He gave me a tour and it took almost two hours. I still didn’t see everything. Johnny likes rare original turn of the century pieces the most.  He has some of the neatest stuff I’ve ever seen and every item works perfectly.  Those Violanos are amazing to watch and hear play. He even keeps large buckets full of buffalo head nickels through out his house so you can play all the games as you walk along.

Johnny is at the Chicago show every year if you can talk him out of something but he doesn’t really like soda vending stuff. The only soda vending stuff I saw is shown under “collectables” and then picture #3.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:21:44 am by vendo39 » Logged

Brian

Vendo 39, 44, 56, 81B
Vendo Changer, early
Vendo Changer, late
Dr. Pepper Queen Anne
Nesbitts Ideal 85

Popperette, Stoner JR, Stoner 180,
Stoner Theater, Mills Candy, Canteen Candy
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 08:40:49 am »

awesome collection
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:34:32 am »

That's a very cool three column vendor.  What's the make?  I almost bought a Three Some vendor last year off of Ebay.  I believe it had more chrome on the side and less on the top.  I don't exactly remember it.  But it was cool. 

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: