SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 08:31:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National 7 Pull and 9 Pull Cigarette Machine Parts  (Read 3871 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: February 19, 2009, 02:06:34 pm »

I have a National 7 Pull and 9 Pull that I will be restoring later this summer.  I just need a few parts.  As Curtis warned me, the bezel around the coin slot is often broken above the coin return lever because of the strong spring on the return lever.  Both of mine are broken so I guess I am looking to round up two of these at some point.  They do not have to be shiny new as I will likely be re-chroming the chrome parts on my machines.  Most of the older 7 pulls and 9 pulls that I have seen have a bezel on the left side of the mirror that looks the same but has a smaller coin slot.  I believe that these were used sometimes to vend matches for a penny.  In any event, these will not work for what I need.  Also, the bezels on the newer 11 pull and 13 pull machines are squared off on the corners, I am looking for the ones with the rounded corners as pictured below.  If anybody out there has these parts or runs across this part please keep me in mind.  I am not opposed to buying a complete machine front or machine if the price is right.

I also need a door for the lower cabinet on my 9 pull.  Does anyone know if these are available in a reproduction?

Thanks!

drinking Tim drinking
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:19:14 pm »

Dumb question here.

Could you not round off the corners of a squared cornered one?

I wonder if it the same stand/ doors that were on a National 510 series as I have 3- 9 pull National Candy machines, complete.

BG
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 09:15:00 am »

BG,

Good question--I hadn't thought of that.  I will have to check into that.

drinking Tim drinking
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 09:38:20 am »

In order to make it look right it would take some major work. If its like a coke machine there are several structural steel bracing. It would be next to impossible unless you are a master body work artist. A few members here could probably pull it off but it wouldn't be worth the work. A few hundred to buy the real thing os much cheaper  than the hundreds  of hours modifying one. just my opinion. Good thought though
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 01:23:21 pm »

Josh, I think he was referring to rounding off the corners on the square-cornered coin bezels.    blush   biggrin   You are right, though...square corner to round corner machine conversion would be crazy!  I think you could do it with those bezels, as long as they look the same otherwise and you do it equally on all corners. 

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: