SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 01:48:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: choice vend Jones plug pins  (Read 5133 times)
choice120
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:55:46 pm »

Got my light fixed on my 120. I was checking my jones plug and realized some of the pins became inplugged from the female end for the coin mech. Now I dont know where they go? All of the wires are white but are labeled;
These are how they are labeled
purple 5
white 27
yellow 26
black 25
brown 10
blue 28 and 15 are together

Thought I would take the relay box out and trace the wires on the female plug in the box. here are how those wires are set up. These are colored wires.
pin 1 Blue
pin 2 red
pin 3 yellow
pin 4 white
pin 5 brown
pin 6 green
pin 7 purple

Only problem is on my jones female connection to my coin mech there is no red or gree as in the relay box also my there are 2 blues  labeled on the jone plug for the coin mech. any ideas? I am lost. Thanks all
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:10:58 pm »

Welcome to SMC.
I can't help but many others can. Posting a pic may speed things along.
Creighton
choice120
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:32 pm »

I have traced my wires and here is where they go.
Black is the hot wire
white is neautral
purple 5 I found goes to the selection button
blue 15 goes down to the sold out relays
Brown 10 goes to the exact change light

this leaves where does the yellow wire lead ?

Are the selection buttons known as the vend relays.

Talked to coinco and they gave me this set up for the jones plug

pin 1 Hot
pin 2 Neautral
pin 3 Credit Pulse
Pin 4 not used
pin 5 Use exact Change
Pin 6 Hot engage
Pin 7 Vend Relay
Pin 8 Not used

Can anyone help me out here? I got pins 1+2 figured but the rest I am lost because I am new. Thanks
choice120
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:15:48 pm »

Got it finally figured out here is how the pins go into the female prtion of jones plug. I tested with free vend switch and she vended fine. Here is the pin set up for the choice vend 120.
Pin 1 = Blue wires
Pin 2 = Black wire
Pin 3 = Yellow wire
Pin 4 = NA
Pin 5 = Brown Wire
Pin 6 = White wire
Pin 7 = Purple Wire
Pin 8 = NA

If the free vend works fine then my coin mech must be bad correct?
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:07:58 am »

Great job troubleshooting that wiring problem!! More than likely if you can get it to freevend using the normal configuration, your coin mech is probably bad.

Brian
choice120
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:22 am »

was the coin mech blew that 8amp fuse on logic board. Hooked up new coin mech and she wasnt giving change and was vending at the wrong price. sprayed the spare logic board with contact cleaner and it works like a charm. Can I fix that fuse on the logic board by soldering a wire in place. Also thinking of selling the Choice vend now that all works. I would like to put the money toward an older machine or even a bottle dispensing v-56. What do you think I could get for the 120 or should I part it out. Hate to prt out a fully working machine.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 07:01:36 am »

Not sure 100% sure on the going price for a CV 120 but I would guess around $200. Maybe you should keep it as a garage/shop machine.

What kind of coin mech do you have? If it's a Coinco S75-9800A/B (or any coin mech for that matter) soldering a solid peice of wire in place of the P.C. Fuse Link is asking for trouble. That fuse link was put there to protect a vital circuit (the vend relay contacts and the circuit board) in the coin mech. By soldering a solid peice of wire in place you bypass that. You take one overvoltage and POW!!! A fully smoked coin mech. I would replace the fuse a form, fit and function replacement. If it's a regular glass fuse that would be very easy to replace. If it's a Fuseable Link, you can buy fuseable link wire for pretty cheap online.

Also, remember that coin mechs aren't cheap!!!! Replacements online are going for a premium these days.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: