SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:07:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39 - missing coin mech + drum  (Read 5266 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: November 30, 2008, 09:25:46 pm »

Hi all,

What's a V39 in fair to good cosmetic condition, minus the mech and drum, worth ?

They're trying to pawn off some other machine with it, but I just want the V39:
http://guelph.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-2-coke-machines-Vendo-39-and-a-70s-4-flavor-W0QQAdIdZ91167807

Chris
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 10:20:57 pm »

Not much. Is it close to your home? If your not paying any shipping cost it might be worth a couple of dollars. But I wouldn't put any money into it if I had to ship it also.

I bought a complete, running, everything works machine (Vendo 39) for $700.00. Which I was told was probably too much. But it was close to my home and I cold inspect it and haul it home on my own, so it was worth the extra money to me. I bought another machine recently for even less and I am picking up two more tomorrow for even less, $400.00 for the both. Machines are popping up more often now in my neck of the woods and the prices are coming down drastically. If I were looking for something for myself to use in the gameroom or garage I would shop around for a really nice complete machine or a restored machine. You can get them cheaper now then it would cost to restore the one you are looking at.

I'd give $250.00 for your Vendo 39 if the cooling unit worked. I'd problably walk away if it didn't. Good luck.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:40:10 pm »

Thanks.. it's local enough to pickup (about 1hr drive) - I won't consider shipping anything.

I figured it would be overpriced.. they were trying to sell the other machine for $600 earlier (looks to be worth maybe $75).

I have a Cav CSS-64 that I picked up for $50 complete and working, just minus a few shelves, so I'm on the lookup for more bargains or at least fair deals.

I just wanted an idea of what the 39 was worth so I knew where to go with bartering.

Chris
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:38:12 am »

If the cabinet is good and you have space and its going cheap might be worth grabbing.
You never know what you'll come across later in the hunt... A complete V-39 with a basket case cabinet
and you'll be wishing you'd grabbed this one...

Mind you, I am a horder... So don't take my advice. I can't bring myself to throw away rusty screws or old rubber seals...

Dave
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:02:40 pm »

I know what you mean. I am always looking for machines and parts machines. A good body might come in handy in six months when a rough but complete machine comes up for sale.
I am pickling up two machines today that I have no real use for. But their price and condition are to good to pass up.

They are actually C-51s. One complete and one missing the ammo belt.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:48:59 pm »

If I can get a good deal on it, I'll take it. $600+ and they can keep it.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 05:04:53 pm »

If it was local to me and complete I would pay up to $750.00 for it.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 10:22:20 pm »

This is what I picked up today. $400.00
There are deals to be had. Just got to wait for them to come along and then jump on them when they do arrive.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 06:01:46 pm »

$800 firm, so they can keep it a while longer. I had the same thing with a V63 months back tho..  went down to $120 but I passed because they wouldn't show me inside..  (they avoided it and kept sending more outside pictures)..  I can only guess that there is something major they don't want seen..

Chris
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 07:04:40 pm »

Just keep looking. Another machine will come up soon, and it will probably much nicer and at a better price.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: