SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 06:16:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Cable + Connector help  (Read 3460 times)
russelltatedotcom
5 Cent Member

« on: August 23, 2008, 06:13:24 am »

Hi Guys wonder if you can help me repair my V56?
I need a twin cable with connectors as shown in the photo!
(basically I need to re-run the cable from the 2 blue areas and the connectors are not available here in Australia if any body has some (I can pay) or can point me to somebody who has, I'd be very grateful!

Long story but I had somebody help me out with some dried out and split wiring a while ago, they snipped everything to pieces then decided the job was too much for them and left
I've been literally picking up the pieces ever since

Many thanks
Russell

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:18:16 am by russelltatedotcom » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 07:52:16 am »

I Think that if you ordered a replacment wiring harness from Funtrronics, it should have the correct ends already attached to the wire end that plugs into the rectangular connector ( these are the pair of wires that bring the line voltage up to the maindoor section to power the coinmech & sign, etc.)

if your "not so helpfull" helper cut the lead-in wires to the large black wiring block (shown to the right in your photo) then you'll need a whole new harness regardless.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:21:30 pm »

Replace the entire wiring harness. About 45 US + shipping.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 09:39:46 pm »

and the connectors are not available here in Australia

Russell those 1/4 " female spade connectors are avaiable all over the world. Maybe you didn't search for them by their proper name?
       Anyway the wiring for your machine is not as complex as you may think, and ordering a harness from overseas may take quite a while. Just study where these wires go and you can do it all by yourself with just new power cord, some new wire, ring terminals and a common terminal block. Pic enclosed.
       I just happened to be working on a compressor for a Pepsi VMC 81 today and took some before and after pictures to share, hope this gives you some confidence.

Glen
russelltatedotcom
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:25:11 am »

Thanks Glen,
Wow great pics what a contrast in the before and after pics.

I only say the connectors are hard to find be cause the 2 tradesmen who came round scratched their heads when they saw them. Metric pretty much rules the roost here!

Many thanks Russell

PS. Got one funny thing going on with the thermostat, the last guy got everything wired up OK for refrigeration but I notice when I turn the thermostat switch  alittle to the left or right seems to jump from hot to cold (-5 degrees or 10 degrees above) when I turn it, can't get anything in the middle? Currently the white dot is in the middle and it's at -5 degrees

It's not a big drama but I here the fridge working overtime, when set at the cooler temp and I don't need beer that cold (i I mean Pepsi and .er Coke)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:35:41 am by russelltatedotcom » Logged
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 12:03:38 am »

hey Russell,

Nice to meet a fellow Aussie! Where you from ? More importantly how'd you come across a V56 over there ? (I reside in Canada these days, but tassie born and bred)

Contractors can be clueless, and even worse is if you were to try DSE/Tandy for that kinda thing (they're all useless). Go to jaycar.com.au and search for "spade", you'll see female spade connectors like what you are referring to (I used to get all my electronics related stuff from them).

Chris
russelltatedotcom
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 11:00:39 pm »

G'day Chris!
Found a connector via a friend down in Melbourne VIC thanks, yes a lot of loclal tradies do seem to fairly useless when it comes to fixing anything over 2 yrs old and/or  out of warranty. Found my machine in an Antique shop 1/2 mile from my house in Sydney. I'd never even seen a vintage vending machine up close before. I just walked into the shop one day and saw the VNC 56 and thought Wow I WANT that!

Cheers

Russell

Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 11:27:33 pm »

That's awesome. Syndey is a nice place too.. only had the chance to visit once though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: