SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 10:34:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: its a mystery to me  (Read 2974 times)
jannvic
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:49:44 pm »

ok here goes i have a Cavalier 64FS- bottle machine.  the compressor went bad so i replaced it.  then the coin mech went bad and i replaced it with a coin co model 9341-s it has power because it spits out the coins BUT it will not accept the coins to vend.  i did the jumper trick like for free vend and it works like a champ.  i tried filling the coin tubes and nothing i checked where the jones plugs into and it looks oh however the socket(where the jones plug plugs into) has a small crack in it at the #5 pin.  any help?? the coin mech was a fresh rebuilt that worked at the shop but not when i got it home.  thanks in advance- will post pics today if it helps- posted in vending machine area but maybe this is a better place??
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 05:19:27 pm »

Yeah, Cavaliers are wired a little funny, The Coinco 9341 relies on Pin#7 to tell it that the machine is ready to vend, ( pin #7 needs to be "hot") this will retract the coin-reject circut ( same function as CREMS* on an earlier mech) unplug the machine & coinmech, run a temporary jumper using some #16 or #18 gauge insulated wire(with the ends stripped back)
between pins 1 & 7 of the female Jones socket,  now insert the coinmech & plug the machine back in. if the mech' will now accept coins you've found your problem, now you can run a permanent jumper on the underside of the female jones socket to the same pins (using clip on line-splice terminals) & the machine should now work with your "Modern" mech.

*CREMS= Coin Reject Electro-Magnets

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
jannvic
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 05:50:55 pm »

gonna try it now stand by- with fingers crossed  laugh
jannvic
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 06:07:55 pm »

ok its accepting the coins but no vend help
jannvic
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 06:25:34 pm »

false alarm did not accept coins and did not vend AND no power to the coin mech darn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: