SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 07:24:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for some one in the dallas tx area  (Read 1806 times)
colakid
« on: July 20, 2008, 06:51:35 pm »

Hey Guys
 I am just getting in to this hobby .I am looking for some one in the dallas tx area.I would like to start fixing up machines and selling them .I have a small shop and lots of resources at hand .I own a A/C refrig. service company .And I have serviced coolers for 20 years.This will be a part time side project.Never Know what it will turn into Thanks  smile
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:18:27 pm »

Welcome ColaKid. You have the right idea in mind. I also have a buisness and
looked into doing this as a sideline over 15 years ago. It pays off well since anyone
who owns a buisness knows you can't count on regular sales every day of the week!
Great fill-in work on slow days.
      Old round corner machines had compressors built so well, they rarely need service.
Newer square corner machines are the ones that need refrigeration mechanics, but
since the owners usually are exited that they bought their machines for $50.00,
they are very tight about spending $300 to fix a $500.00 valued machine. They are
the same people who think you should spend 4 to 8 weeks restoring their machine for $500.
      Pre 1960's glass door machines are the primary ones you should invest in, if you want
to restore for the sale to the public. For example, although you can buy the Vendo 39 much cheaper than a Vendo 81 ,it costs the same to restore the 39 as the 81.......but the 81 sells in half the time and for twice the price of the 39.  upside Go figure.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:33:23 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: