SMC Discussion Areas
August 24, 2024, 06:39:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter wants a Vendo Milk Machine!  (Read 8729 times)
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« on: June 02, 2008, 02:22:39 pm »

Kinda funny...my almost 5 year-old daughter has recently decided that she is tired of me looking at so many soda machines all the time.  She tells me that I have enough for now.  She got ahold of my Jeff Walters book to find something she wants, and found the milk machine in the back.  Both her and her sister are milk/chocolate milk nuts.  She now tells me all the time that she wants a Vendo milk machine in her room, so she doesn't have to go downstairs to the kitchen to get her glass of milk!  I told her we'll have to keep an eye out for one, but it may be awhile before we can get one (not what she had in mind, as many can understand!!).

I guess it's good getting the kids involved with the hobby (she helps me work on the other machines), but couldn't she pick something easier to find and not so expensive???!!!  I'm not sure how often these pop up, any thoughts??

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:09:45 pm »

I think someone here is/was selling a milk machine...

It is cool to get the kids involved. My kids stock my machines, and help clean them. They also help clean the arcade games...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:33:15 pm »

I've got one for sale. Email me at andersondart@hotmail.com if you are intersted. My one year old daughter already has me wrapped around her little finger, bet yours does as well. Daddys can't say No to their little girls! Email me, I'll give you a good deal.

Anderson

Anderson
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

Funny my 20 yr old daughter wants a little machine for her apartment wow
 right now I'm say NO WAY.   tounge
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:18 am »

The bad part is I guess I'm wrapped around 3 fingers:  5 year old, 3 year old, and 3 month old girls!  I suppose I should be buying shotguns rather than soda/milk machines.  And yes, it's terribly difficult to say no to them at this age!  Great idea to have them load the machine...I'll have to try that next time.  Anderson...email headed your way.

Greg

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:52:10 am »

You know you have to get one now. I grew up restoring machines and cars with my Dad. It really kept us close. Now here I am at 26 years old Living with him in Singapore running a company with him. Collecting is really a good way to be close with your kids. Most of my best memories of growing up are either in our garage, at a car show or at a swap meet. You should get that Milk machines. I bet your daughters will really appreciate it. Also if you get them into the hobby it will be 4 against one when you want to buy another machine and the wife objects. Smiley
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:07:22 am »

Believe it or not, the wife is even behind this endeavor (so long as it doesn't break the bank!).   tounge

That is awesome that you have that relationship with your father from all you did growing up.  I'm hoping to do the same with my girls - restoring machines, cars, and houses.  So far, the oldest loves all these things as well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:10:12 am by GreginTex » Logged

Greg

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 12:02:26 pm »

Excuse my ignorance here, but  does anyone sell  milk in the  1/2 pint ( i thyink it was half pint) cartons?  All i see around around here are plastic bottles,
hmmm,  A cavalier 64  fantasy peice done as  a  Neslte's Quick Chocalte milk machine... hmmmm

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 12:22:52 pm »

I've been wondering that myself.  A lot more milk is starting to come out in the cardboard half-gallon cartons, and the girls have got half-pint cartons at one of the fast food restaurants (can't remember which right now).  It might take some looking around.  I wonder if the machine could handle the little plastic jugs??

Greg

Pat Pixley
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 01:48:40 pm »

Greg I think in you case it would work's your daughter she is young  , Where my
Daughter is thinking a party machine  for the weekends .
 So Right now  It wont hppen .

Kilroy I like the Neslte's Quick Machine idea  smile
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 03:50:16 pm »

Pat, I completely understand for your case!   laugh  I guess if she is totally insistent, you could set her up with a machine that will ONLY vend 6 1/2 oz coke bottles and don't let her on to the trick of refilling bottles for the machine.   Oo

Greg

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 03:53:13 pm »

Excuse my ignorance here, but  does anyone sell  milk in the  1/2 pint ( i thyink it was half pint) cartons?  All i see around around here are plastic bottles,
hmmm,  A cavalier 64  fantasy peice done as  a  Neslte's Quick Chocalte milk machine... hmmmm

They sell them in the schools.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 03:58:06 pm »

http://www.turnerdairy.net/SchoolMilk.htm

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 06:38:12 pm »

A customer of mine owns a milk company.  He said he can get it in the cartons.  I also saw some in cartons last time I was at the Waffle House.

When I get my machine inside I want to use it, but even with 2 young kids I don't think I can use all the milk before it goes bad...
I was talking with a guy who was thinking of making an adapter for the machines to hold the 6oz coke cans.  Hope that comes through.

Marvin
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:04 pm »

I found that our local Borden's Milk sells the half pint cartons.  I figure between the milk my daughters and wife go through, spoilage will never be a problem!

Greg

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: