SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 03:33:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Fructose Corn Syrup  (Read 3213 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: March 11, 2008, 08:51:55 am »

Found this interesting article on the use of this stuff.

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-High-Fructose-Corn-Syrup

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:27:52 am »

Over here in Asia nothing has HFCS. Everything is sweetened with sugar. Even in cans. It is amazing what the difference is. Unfortunately now that I live in Singapore it is hard to find coke in a bottle but I loved living in Thailand. Almost everything is still in a returnable bottle. The only place you will find cans is in 7-11's and the grocery store and even there you have a choice. Unless you are at a big fast food place where they serve fountain drinks most eatery's serve coke, Pepsi, Sprite, 7up, Green Spot, and others in a bottle. In Thailand most water bottles are even returnable.
TechnoHat

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 01:47:21 pm »

I try only to stock bottles of pop that have sugar in my machine.  People really like the taste of sugar over HFCS.  I wish they would get rid of the tariffs the government slaps on imported sugar.   
rogerz
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:20:23 am »

According to that article, I'm probably getting about 1000 percent of
my daily recomended allowance drinking

rz
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 11:39:33 pm »

I have some Coke in bottles that was bottled in 61...... It has sugar, Should I crack one open??? Still has carbonation.... tounge
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 11:45:25 pm »

Might be good...I drank part of a bottle of National Bohemian Bock beer that was bottled in 1957 while at a gathering of fellow beer can collectors, and it was about one of the best beers I had ever drank!  We were all left with the desire for more of that bottle.  I could see the soda being the same way!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
pyro3256

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 11:19:51 pm »

dr. pepper is my favorite drink. i grew up on it with sugar. then moved from my home town to find out that the rest of the world drank dp with hfcs. how awfull! well i'm here to say that the dublin plant near temple, Texas  still bottels the original formula of dp made with imperial cane sugar. avalible in 8 oz. glass bottels or 12 oz. cans look for the 12, 2 , 4  on the bottel. and drink a bite to eat.  i don't know how far or if the plant will ship but let me know and i'll ship em to who ever wants them. i'll fly u buy!

My advise to you is to start drinking heavily.(Aniamal house)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: