SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 07:43:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 Stainless front trim  (Read 4059 times)
Jhenspeter
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:26:16 pm »

Hey guys, new to the forum and got a few questions.  I have an Ideal 55 Pepsi slider that is completely apart, finally have all the hard parts but need a source for a new front stainless trim.  The rolled piece that is directly below the lid.  I have searched the threads and found that a company called funtronics might have this piece, maybe someone could point me in the right direction with a number or email address.  I want this piece to be perfect as I am also thinking of getting a repo lid from Cornhuskersign.com for the machine.  Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Jeff
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 08:47:36 pm »

I belive that their contact info is in the SMC Directory of parts suppliers...they are a little 19th century at Funtronics ( internet speaking) they have no email, they have no webpage, & they have no fax machine. ( just a personal pet peave  darn) they do have a very nice personal touch of talking to a real english speaking person when you call them & lots & lots of wonderful stuff for your coke machines!   ...  biggrin  now if I can just get them into at least a nice multi-line phone system!  Ah, here you go. Steve Ebner @ Funtronics .....(301) 371-5246

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:49:03 pm »

PS I belive pat pixley had one repro'd for his Orange-Crush Ideal-55 as I recall...you may wish to drop him a PM (personal message) here at the site too...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Jhenspeter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:03:38 pm »

Thanks JohnieG, I called Steve and the scuff plates as they are called are 50 bucks plus shipping and mount over the original.  It's a good thing too because I was not looking forward to removing that piece.  Jeff
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:40:36 pm »

A shameless  thread hijack here for the suppliers listed. I've dealt with the Steve' s ( Funtronics and Soda  Jerk Works), and have read the posts  form Eric at lobal compressors, ( man, I sitll need to get around to send him  my vendo Jr Compressor), and you won't find more helpful and  knowledgable people willing to answer your questions, offer advice go the distance to  keep you as a satisified customer.

These guys are the best!

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: