SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 01:49:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Bowl Picks  (Read 7136 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 10:36:19 pm »

Big Blue!!!!!   biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 11:00:48 pm »

Way to go Giant's  Gongrat's.  to them and all their fans  biggrin.
 And to all the Patriot fans there is next year.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 11:30:48 pm »

Best SB in a loooong time!
GGGGGggg-Men!!!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 09:47:11 am »

Great Game.... little slow in the begining, but wow what a defense...
Still wish my Pack was in there,,, oh welll there's always next year.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 10:55:25 am »

Yes!!!  Cheaters do lose every once in a while........... the evil empire goes down to a boy quarterback that's turned into a man, a superbowlman or superman for short..........

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 11:53:49 am »

Great game but I still think Eli is a punk. when he was originally drafted and snifled about not playing unless he was traded to another team. If it was up to me he would of been watching the game from the other side of the TV screen. i still think the Giants are a great team just amazes me with the god almighty attitudes of some of the players.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 02:30:26 pm »

And how about Bilicheck, marching off the field before the game was Officially over... and no comments after the game, even about his OWN team who amazingly enough pulled off an 18-1 season... WOW.. how bout a little credit to your own team for Crying out loud... what a P****k

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pixel
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 04:50:01 pm »

I remember standing in front of the TV last night, with the Giants up 3 and 1 second left on
the clock. Coach Belichick trots out onto the field before the last play and I'm standing there
thinking -

"I...
...don't...
...believe...
...it!"

The "best team in NFL history" was beat by a wild card that really didn't have that good a
regular season. Roughly 98% of the world (and literally 99.995% of the sports world) took it
for granted that the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl and go 19-0. I heard
somewhere that the Pats had even secured legal rights to use terms related to 19-0 and
the perfect season, weeks before the Super Bowl was even played.

I don't really want to be mean to the Pats fans, and I do credit New England for fighting
very hard. However, the media has helped fuel the Patriots' arrogance such that I just
wanted to see them beaten.

The Giants really took it to Tom "the best QB in NFL history" Brady last night-their defense
was much more effective then I ever imagined it could be. While I think the Giants largely
won on defense, the way Eli Manning extricated himself from a likely disastrous sack on 3rd
and 5, followed by Tyree making that spectacular catch HOLDING THE BALL WITH THE TOP
OF HIS HELMET ON THE WAY DOWN, that was the stuff of legends. Plaxico Buress giving God
the thanks and breaking into tears with the sheer emotion of it all appropriately capped off
a well-deserved Super Bowl victory.

An excellent game overall. Hopefully, the Giants will come away from this as a force to be
reckoned with in the seasons to come, and the younger Manning will continue toward an
even better level of football. As for the Patriots, I hope they will learn not to take success
for granted, and that nothing in life is certain. As Yogi Berra once said "It ain't over 'till it's
over."

I still remember the media talking about the Pats philosophy of "in Tom we trust" in that
season ender with the Giants. I don't know for sure if the Patriots really worded it that
way, but I do believe that God was listening. Even though I don't believe God approves
of football on Sunday, I do believe some of the things that happened last night for the
Giants were God's own way of showing the world who is still in control.

For all the hullabaloo over the historical nature of a 19-0 season, the media seems far less
interested in the history of a NFL quarterback and his brother winning back to back Super
Bowls. I haven't researched that, but it's the first time I've ever heard of it.

The main stream media doesn't seem overly excited with the Giants' win. I can just imagine
the ruckus a 19-0 season for the Pats would have made. Frankly, I don't think the main
stream media is all that interested when someone like Eli Manning is successful.
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 04:51:30 pm »

Well said, Pixel.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Pat Pixley
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 11:19:45 pm »

Yes I'm one of those people that wass thinking that the Pat's were going to win this ,
But I'm happy that the G men won this.
KNow for next year I going to pick the Lions wow (YEAH RIGHT)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: