SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:59:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip from Hell--- Sorry Eric  (Read 2461 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: January 31, 2008, 01:13:36 pm »

I had a business trip that brought me to St. Loius on Tues... I was planning on meeting up with Eric and hanging out a bit. When I got there, the weather was about 70 degrees and sunny. By mid afternoon, it had dropped over 40 degrees, and the wind picked way up and snow and freezing rain started to fall. I knew Eric had a long commute, so because of the weather, I decided to head to the airport early and try to get out before it got worse. Well, I couldn't get an earlier flight, so I went to the hotel. After being there for about 1/2 hour, the power went out. Of course, no generator or backup lighting or heat. It got cold and dark. I ended up driving around to locate food since the restaurant in the hotel was dead. I finally found some food, and headed back to the hotel. The power was back on. finally.... The next morning, I go to the airport to catch my flight. Now the weather in NJ was a mess, so I got re-routed to a local airport in PA.. While boarding the sardine can, I somehow managed to pull my calf muscle. I went to the ER this morning, and I am on crutches and Advil for a week..   down

Eric... according to the customer, I should be back that way in early May.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 01:49:59 pm »

Sorry to hear about that bad trip! I am in Kansas City and talk to Eric from time to time. I am always in St. Louis for work. The airport and surrounding area can be tricky.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »

Ha! That's my everyday!.... We'll hook up when the weathers better!... Maybe meet up with Brian too! Took me 2 and a half hours to get home tonight..we're to get up to 9" snow and sleet tonight... hope they're wrong.... Come on Spring! Good talking to you though... wish we could have talked more but we have somedead lines coming and I had people standing in and out of my cell...er... cube.... ever seen the movie Office Space?... That's my life....
but hey it affords me a cooler now and then..... See you in May!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 09:51:31 pm »

I'll take some of that snow!  hopefull  Please!  A lot of the people I talk to would like at least one good snowfall.  I think we have had maybe 3" this season.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: