SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 10:43:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siemens Breakmate question  (Read 9653 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: December 16, 2007, 02:12:12 am »

I am interested in getting a breakmate. Does anyone here have one? They look small enough for me to ship here. How heavy are they? Are they easy to upkeep? Is it easy to keep operational? We were at the gym and my Dad made a comment that he would love to have Coke on tap in the house and I think this is the best way to do that. Any input you have will be great. Also what is a good price for a good working machine?
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 04:09:07 am »

Hey I have one of these( yea Im a coke W&*re). I also belong to a  breakmate webgroup but cant find the link at the moment I will reply wit that. The machines are pretty easy on the upkeep. Some hints are to buy the external CO2 adapter and get a 10 lb tank and hide it away( using the small 20 oz co2 bottles is expensive and annoying to find a re-filler( I have one 20 min away but its still better to get the adapter and 20 lb tank). Second the syrup( the 3 small boxes) is expensive so what you do is buy it once in the small boxes and immediately laminate them and then just refill them via a 5 gallon bag in box and this your price per serving goes DOWNNNNNNN a TONNNNNNNNNNN. With a 20 lb co2 tank and refilling via a 5 gallon box I calculated a while back my price per serving is around 3-4 cents each.( plus electricity). The one thing that goes bad on the breakmates is the agitator( their is a old style and a new style one) the old one died often and hence the new style. Replacement of the agitator is not bad at all since I know you have taken apart bog machines before. Chances are you will get one with a new style agitator due to the old agitator failure rate( IE it would have crapped out by now :-). Nothing else seems to go bad on them. Their is a option for the watermate( its an attachment that makes the BM self sufficient and thus needs no water line)( While I have one Its nothing special and I would not really say " OH you need this") They weigh around 70-80 lbs. As for price, I bet you can get one for under 250 now a days prob even lower. The machine would need the " dosers" with it( they attach to the mini boxes to " dose" the amount of syrup ( it's done with magnets)....... Let me thinkkkkkkkkk OH YEA ITS 4 AM here so grammer is gonna be crappy :-). I guess that is it for now, I will dig up that webgroup addy and I believe we have the users manual for the BM too so you can look through that. I will get that and repost later today prob 8-10 hrs from now.
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:41:54 pm »

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/breakmate/ is the address for the web group. If you have any other questions just ask. PS in Germany the breakmate is called the Minipom and their is a generic breakmate called the pomino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKfoKBj6RBk

Interesting video I believe someone has modded one with the lights  laugh
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 05:37:19 am »

Thats great! Thanks! I now live in Singapore so I need to make sure I can buy the bag in a box.  70 to 80 LBS to singapore will be really pricey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: