SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 08:55:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuff is still out there!!! Lookee what I found last nite! More Pumps  (Read 3863 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: October 06, 2007, 08:28:15 am »

I had a guy stop by the house last weekend during one of my YARD SALES, and was looking at some pop machines and Gas pumps I had for sale... he told me he had a few old gas pumps behind his shed... I of course asked about them and he had no clue to what he had, but based on the descriptions I knew he had some good stuff... I took his number down and finally got ahold of him last night while I was down his way with the wife and kids... he said he had about 5 minutes to show me the stuff. So we get behind his shed and find these beauties!!! Ok for you NON Gas Pump Guys, There is about $4,500 Worth of Metal sitting here! plus one really rare National A-38 pump!!! I ask what are his intentions and he said he might be interested in trading a working pop machine for some of them or he might just want to get them fixed up. So I offered to either Trade or maybe Fix up a couple of them for him in trade for the rest!!!  He was in a hurry , late for dinner or something, so we had to leave it at that... I hope I didn't look too excited, but he said give him a few weeks to work some stuff out and to contact him with some ideas.... I of course wanted to close the deal right there but had no way of taking even one pump with me... so I said sure and we left it at that!!!! tounge
Thanks for letting me share....

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 09:05:00 am »

last weekend during one of my YARD SALES
In Phoenix it is illegal to have more than two Yard Sales in the calender year; otherwise, it is considered a business. The city actually has Garage Sale 'police' who crack down on offenders.

You probably have more pumps than soda machines by now!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:34:45 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:11:42 am »

John,

In the pumps.jpg photo(top pic), the pump on the far right may be a Tokheim 36 which a very nice pump to have as well ! ! !

I hope you can come to to reasonable terms that will work in your favor...
We'll revisit this as soon as you post the outcome...

My six cents,

Jim

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 12:12:37 pm »

Great find! I hope you get them all.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 01:29:53 pm »

Sweet Moses!... you're on a roll... careful.... you're gonna end up with more pumps than machines and then you'll have to get more machines.... it never ends... Well... we hope
it doesn't end! this has been your year for sure! Way to go bud!
Keep us posted!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 08:55:51 pm »

WOW! Send some love down this way!!! All I scored this weekend were some 50's vintage Indiana License Plates for my soon-to-be-finished gameroom/diner.

I'd love to own an old pump one day! I hope everything works out good for you, let us know what happens.  smile

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 09:23:10 pm »

Thanks guys, but they are not mine YET!!  And the Soda Machine to Gas pump Ratio may be close to tied if This deal comes together... Stay tuned for the results.
Jim,
the pumps pictured are (in not any order)
2 Wayne 70's , one early and one late model all doors are there too ,just not on the pump
1 Wayne /MS 80, missing script top
1 Gilbert and Barker 86, pretty rare and valuable (I too thought Tok 36, at first but checke the book and it's  GB 86)
1 tokheim 39a short pump
1 National A38
and ONe unknown as of yet.,, but think another wayne..

BOY this is Fun!!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 07:07:01 am »

Thanks for the clarification.
That will be a nice looking pump, the G&B, when it's restored ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Ken Layton
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 12:54:14 am »

Boy those are some really great finds there. I have a friend with a Wayne 70. I like the Tokheim 39 short.

Carbon Arc --- the light that's bright is the light that's right ---for film projection that is!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: