SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 06:53:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out the TWINS I picked up tonight!!!  (Read 2814 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: September 13, 2007, 11:01:20 pm »

biggrin biggrin

C'mon... I'm married with 3 kids... what did you think... laugh

Just as exciting though... picked up a pair of Script top pumps tonight.. One MobilGas and one Mobilgas Special!... the Mobilgas special top is an original NOS Top, It's metal (not fiberglass like the repops) Lettering however is repopped in the Special but still very cool I think... The regular Mobil Gas has been painted all one color, script and everything. so Looking for tips on how to remove paint from plastic without having to do any sanding or heavy rubbing.Huh? any thoughts?

Thanks for letting me share... this almost puts the count of Pop Machines and Gas Pumps about equal now..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:21:44 pm »

Those are nice, I screwed up a few years ago and passed on a Mobil script top at a swap meet. It was just the top and had some rust out of the very top seller wanted $150.00 for it. Live and Learn!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:36:20 am »

Yeah, the tops alone bring serious money... I've sold 2 script tops already, didn't want to but had these people kept stopping by asking how much., one guy was persistant and I kept saying Not for Sale... he said EVERYTHING is For Sale... what's your price... I named double what I had in them and he loaded them up.?  jawdrop wasn't expecting that , but made some money and these are practically paid for already! biggrin  I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:52:05 am »

Ha! Yeah that wasn't the twins I was thinking of... I'm 42 and I rememebr the Barbie Twins?
posters where in every dorm...anyway... I'm sure these twins will need less work now biggrin

Great Score!.... You are on a roll... this has been a good year for you... Stoner juniors, pumps, machines.... how will you finish out the year?....I will stay tuned!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:45:07 am »

You really seem to be able to find these. I would like to have one some day. Very nice...

cmc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: