SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 08:32:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pam Clock ?????  (Read 4777 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: September 11, 2007, 07:33:29 pm »

Everything on my pam clock works great  EXCEPT..  it keeps time backwards ??  Why does it run backwards - loses minutes??  I know little about them, and I figured I could get quick help here... Thanks in advance...

Bob
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:06:20 pm »

I know this is going to sound weird, but unplug it and turn the plug over and plug it in again with the tangs in the opposite outlet slots.  I actually have had this work, if it runs correctly just leave it plugged in if you unplug it and it runs backward just reverse the plug again.

If that does not work try taking the glass face off and put light pressure on the second hand while it is running backward it should take off in the right direction then.

The only way to correct it permantely is to order a new motor....

aspbear
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 08:13:43 pm »

Problem solved...   Thanks for the help - I flipped the plug in around and the problem was solved.....Thanks again for the help......Much appreciated...!!!!!

Bob
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:18:35 pm »

Does your clock have a second hand...?
I can't remember specifically, but I think it's supposed to have a second hand...

If my memory serves me, I had this happen to one of my neon clocks and did something similar to what aspbear suggested. I slowly spun the second hand in the correct direction while I plugges the clock in and it seem to have took off from there... This clock has been running now for 15+ years ! ! ! (knock on wood)

My six cents,

Jim

aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:43:14 pm »

I am just thankful it worked.  You would have been thinking there is a smart ass in arkansas that is trying to make me look stupid.

I dont know why that works probably has something to do with an older type plug but I discovered it by accident years ago and have used it several times since. 

Looks like a great clock and now it keeps the right time hopefully...

aspbear
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 10:02:41 pm »

My fishtail PAM clock runs fine until the electricity goes out, then it always runs backwards until I unplug it and plug it back in.  Every single time. Then it goes clockwise.  Go figure.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 10:05:53 pm »

My fishtail PAM clock runs fine until the electricity goes out, then it always runs backwards until I unplug it and plug it back in.  Every single time. Then it goes clockwise.  Go figure.

Mine does the same thing, I sometimes have to unscrew the flourescent starter as well to get it to run right.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 10:11:38 pm »

How odd?Huh?    Oo

Good info to know!

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 05:36:26 am »

Mine runs backwards when I unplug and plug back in as well. I read its a fairly common thing... I'll have to try the reverse plug trick...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: