SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 09:15:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Powder Coating Question???  (Read 20051 times)
koolergrill
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 03:20:07 pm »

(sodaworks @ Apr. 26 2007,10:49)
Brian,
I wouldn't bother powder coating the tub. Your just throwing away money as far as I am concerned. Here's what I do. High pressure wash it and scrub with SOS pads to remove any residue. lightly sandblast it and spray it with Rustoleum hammertone paint. I thin the paint out with just enough reducer to make it flow good. the paint is avail. at Lowe's

Hi Guys, With over 80 machines, i can tell you there is nothing like powder coating, No matter what paint you use with in one year the paint will rust. It is ok to paint a candy machine or a cigarette machine in sides, but in a soda machine which gets cold , the paint will rust, Any time i have a machine done by curtis he always  powder coates the insides. If you dont spend the money up front, you will have to repaint or powder in a year. I have tryed every paint out there  and none of them last.. If you zinc plate it will rust in two years or less. I have antique machines in my stores that run 24/7 . I can tell you from a lot of tests   i have tryed, powder coating is the way to go.. jeff
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 04:03:39 pm »

Jeff,
Sorry but I would have to disagree with you on this one. If properly prepped and applied correctly you will not have a problem. I have machines that I sprayed hammertone on the insides over ten years ago and they still look new!!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 04:10:20 pm »

I agree prep is key, i have hammertone on my first 81 that I did 10 years ago and it runs daily in the basement with cold soda and beers and it still is in like day one condition. I did both tub and shelves and they look great.

It's a matter of taste I guess, so do what you like and can afford is my advice.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 04:39:45 pm »

The big difference, is powdercoating requires the liner to be
removed and sprayed and baked.  Paint can be done with liner
and insulation  still in place.

Glen
aspbear1
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 07:10:38 pm »

I am with Jeff on this one I have two machines that run all the time one slider and one up right.  Both of the insides are sprayed with hammertone and they have 3 years plus on both and they still look just like when they were sprayed.
aspbear1
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 07:11:30 pm »

whoops I mean I am with Terry
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 08:24:03 pm »

Brian here is a 64 with the inside hammertone painted.
www.memorylanerestorations.com
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 08:32:54 pm »

Ok guys, I'm no professional at this BUT go ahead and leave the liner in, it looks ok, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! Have any of you ever taken out the liners in these machines. Do you know whats under there. Well lets take a look at a vendorlator 56. Looks to be in good shape???
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 08:34:43 pm »

Look close at how wet the ins. is on the last two pics of a cavalier 64
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 08:37:47 pm »

Now lets look at what a good restoration looks like with Powdercoating. This is a Vendo 56 I did 5 years ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: