SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 10:08:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: time delay relays  (Read 2767 times)
frankie_eh
« on: June 02, 2007, 04:23:42 pm »

Hi.
Re:Late 60's cornelius 4 select square top machine.

I think that the time delay relay is broken in my machine, but I also do not think the one in it is original.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a description of one and its wiring diagram or if there is a site where I could find one for sale up here in Toronto Canada.

The problem is: the machine was not vending.
I took out the coin mech, removed the JonesPlug and
I used a "bypass" switch.  When I press the switch, the credit relay "clicks" but the unit does not vend a can when the popselect button is pushed (none of them work, no power to the solenoids).

Thanks for any info.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:26:06 pm »

Frank, you are still having problems with this machine ? I sent you a wiring diagram and instructions way back when you first bought it. I assumed you got it fixed as I didn't hear back.

It was vending before that incident with the mech right ?

The time delay relay is nothing more than a normal relay with a capacitor and diode across it (if you are looking at purpose built time delay relays you're way off - those are for delays in the range of 30 secs to 5 minutes, not the half second or so this application requires).  All of the above were brand new a couple of weeks before I sold the machine.. but it's possible one of them has malfunctioned and needs to be replaced... (you did mention a loud bang in your emails to me ? - I suspect the capacitor)

I will see if I can find my hand written scribbles/notes on how everything went together and worked (little more detailed than the wiring diagram).. I never made any official documentation, just scrawled notes for myself on sheets on paper (e.g. "red wire, terminal 1, 110V")

I spent a lot of time and effort (and cash) on getting that machine working flawlessly, so it's kind of dissapointing to see it malfunction like this.

Chris

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:34:23 pm »

Did you use a rectifier (diode) in series with the Capacitor?  if not , the A.C Voltage will blow the stuffings out of a D.C. rated capacitor.   Also , if a diode was used , if it was the wrong polarity ( in referance to the capacitors + terminal) it would also blow the cap, but not right away, just after a while with repeated use,   Just a thought.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 10:47:06 pm »

Yes, forgot to mention the diode and it is wired correctly. The machine was running perfectly for weeks before I sold it.. even after I sold it..  it was only after they changed the price or something on the mech that something blew and it stopped working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: