SMC Discussion Areas
July 08, 2024, 04:13:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Coin Op Show  (Read 21335 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 02:33:37 pm »

Brian

I think you did very well. I wish I had as an understanding wife as you clearly have.

I think the idea of a Pinball machine is growing on me. Has to be EM... I remember playing machines like that when I was a kid at the seaside.

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2006, 03:38:42 pm »

Yes, it does help having a wife who is either very understanding or that is into the hobby as well. I remember when we were dating discussing houses and what we each would look for in a house. I mentioned a basement with a gameroom. Her eyes got big and she said she'd LOVE to have a gameroom someday! I then informed her that I was already in posession of a pinball machine, candy machine and a Coca-Cola Machine and was just waiting for the gameroom to put them in.

EM pins are the best in my book. I'm partial to Gottlieb. Currently I have (3) Airport, Spirit of 76 and Funland and hopefully will be picking one more up here very soon.

They have the best sounds and have a ton of nostalgia built in. If you are handy with pop machines and jukes and have a basic understanding of electricity, they aren't that hard to work on.

Brian
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2006, 03:44:51 pm »

Here's my other two:

Brian
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 10:42:46 am »

Hey Brian and Matt, thanks for the help loading the quickcold Bireleys, it will go nicely with my other ones, RC, Orange Crush and Barqs.........   H
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 10:18:17 pm »

Hey Sodaman... sounds like you have a great collection of Quikolds going...
would love to see the RC one.... missed out on Pepsi one year a couple years back... right here in Missouri it was a last minute addition to an auction.. a friend bought it... very nice original... The only Quikold I have is the 7up junior missing a cap catcher would appreciate any help finding one or at least an image and measurements so I can get one made....

Anyone have any idea who made the OC that was at the show?.... sides don't look
like a Quikold......

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2006, 10:50:27 pm »

Does this catcher work on the Junior?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2006, 07:25:52 am »

No problem-o Sodaman! Thanks for transporting my pinball home.

Brian
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2006, 08:22:23 am »

(davethebirdman @ Nov. 12 2006,11:52)
I don't suppose anyone got theprice for the air meter on the stand. I saw one at my little bitty show last week and it was about $1200. Just wanted to compare prices.

Hello Dave,
 Air meters are bringing some serious cash these days. I have a Eco air meter Islander that I picked up very cheap. It has the air and water reels built inside the stand. I turned down 1500 bucks for it last year. It needs to be restored.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2006, 08:37:21 am »

I need a couple of cap catchers for my Quikolds, if there is enough interest, maybe Matt would make them, he seems like an interprizing young fellow.  I don't know for sure that the cap catcher is the same for a junior but I would think it would be.
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2006, 09:10:16 am »

Sorry Matt, I know you are overloaded with work already...........
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: