SMC Discussion Areas
August 24, 2024, 11:27:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone looking for a low milage Cheverolet?  (Read 2937 times)
flippa
25 Cent Member

« on: June 26, 2013, 09:01:21 am »

Perhaps a 64 Impala with 4 miles, or a Cameo with 1 mile  oops

I wish I had some extra $$$ to buy one of these.  Problem is, they will all probably sell for $$$$$$$$$$$  glare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rRFiSUH4gdQ#at=47

Imagine getting in a place like this to pick a few items.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:03:06 am by flippa » Logged
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 12:10:43 pm »

I wonder when the dealership closed and why the cars with less than 20 miles span such a wide range in years.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 03:31:58 pm »

Good story written by the daughter. I think there will be a couple 2-3 people interested in these cars.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/06/the-story-behind-the-lambrecht-chevrolet-collection/
Smallblock
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:09:59 pm »

64 impala is my favorite car but i think this one is far out of my price range. glare My own impala need a total restoration.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 04:27:22 pm »

Good story written by the daughter. I think there will be a couple 2-3 people interested in these cars.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/06/the-story-behind-the-lambrecht-chevrolet-collection/

I'm a bit skeptical of the story as written.  It just doesn't sound right.  It very well might be their collection, but I don't think it "happened" the way it is presented.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »

I'm a bit skeptical of the story as written.  It just doesn't sound right.  It very well might be their collection, but I don't think it "happened" the way it is presented.

Agreed. Leaves a lot to speculation. You would think a few people over the years would have offered to buy a couple of those cars, I mean a few of those models have been desireable for a while now. That and the fact that for a small town dealer with 3 people working there, seems like a lot of money to sit on as "leftovers". Makes you wonder. Interesting for sure. I would love to be the one that cracked that time capsule door though. 
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:34:34 am »

In Green Forest, Arkansas I met up with a guy in his 70s back in '05 or '06. He had a small car lot and sold used cars. He was in business for over 40 years. When a car sat on his lot for a a few years he would drive them home and park them in the woods to rot. I bought 4-5 cars from him, signs, gas pumps, etc. These stories are out there and some are true. He had over 100 old cars sitting in the woods with titles for all in a filing cabinet. He eventually had an auction and sold out to move back to IL to be closer to his family.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 11:37:08 pm »

It must be common gor dealers to also collect cars. A former dealership owner near me passed away near me about 5-7 years ago and they had a big auction. They charged $50 just to get in and bid(1 guest with you). They went for huge money.

They really bring their work home, there was at least 150 cars from the whole spectrum. He was a collector, but there was some low mileage stuff in there too, nothing like this video.

His son wanted nothing to do with the cars, just wanted cash. The house sat on the market for a long time, you know how hard it is to sell a house with 5-6 huge car barns on some acreage! (Ok, hard to find someone to pay the price!) I still stare when I go by at all of that storage room!

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: