SMC Discussion Areas
June 20, 2024, 06:25:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you ship machines.  (Read 3566 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: November 03, 2005, 11:47:34 pm »

I bought a jacobs 56 today in Miami and I need to have it shipped to Memphis. The owner has no way of palleting the machine or transporting it to a dock so I need a company that will pick it up. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 12:21:20 am »

Josh,
  I ran accross this ad that advertises shipping of gameroom collectibles. Monday's shipping 510-846-6096, Alan with antique vending was also telling me about another shipping company.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 01:36:50 am »

HI THE BEST WAY I FOUND IS NAVL  NORTH AMERICA VAN LINES THEY WILL PICK UP AT HIS HOUSE WRAP IT AND PUT ON TRUCK  I HAD A OLD SODA MACHINE SHIPPED FROM ALANTA TO MN FOR $280 RIGHT TO MY FRONT DOOR
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 07:39:09 am »

Josh, I to use North American heres the number I use 1-651-639-2842. You can also pay for the shipping COD with cash, check whatever you like which makes it awesome. I missed your phone call last night was this your question? Just give me a call whenever you get a chance

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:01:41 am »

Josh, I know you've used Eric at machinemover.com.  Is he no longer in business?

Bob
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 09:59:53 am »

Thanks everyone I am going to call Northamerican right now. Bob I really liked eric's service but he is so slow. I want this machine asap I don't want to wait 5 months for Eric.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 10:56:50 am »

Well I set it up. They are going to pick the machine up on tuesday and I should have it by the end of the week. It ended up being $333.66 total. That is a great price since they pick it up at the sellers place and it doesn't have to be packed or wrapped or palletted at all. And they drop it off at my door step and I can pay cash COD. Not a bad deal. Yes Forward air would have been about $175 less but then you have to pay for the machine to be palleted and then pay them to drop it off at the dock and then I have to drive 20 miles to get it. There is also the problem of possibly having a damaged machine with forward air. I think this is the best way possible. What a deal. I can't wait to get my Jacobs 56.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 02:00:04 am »

Josh, don't you remember me going on about how much I love North American Van Lines?
I've been using them for transporting the arcade games and pinball machines that I have sold as of late.
They're even based in your (very short term) hometown of Eagan, MN!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 09:55:34 am »

I do remember you saying that but I thought they would be more expensive than that since this is such a far trip. They should be picking it up today!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 10:16:53 am »

What I love best about them is that you don't have to pallet, box, crate or anything the machines.
They prefer them uncovered and then they wrap them and carefully transport them. I've never had a complaint.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: