SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 03:04:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Markito and Dr Galaga are Meetin' in person!  (Read 8023 times)
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 03:38:57 pm »

Quote (Markito @ Aug. 01 2005,4:29)
And before any of you WISEGUYS tries to point out that I have a scratchy wooden crate on top of my machine, Brent can vouch for me that I fastened a layer of soft, red felt to the bottom of the wooden crate.

First thing I did was look under the crate when I walked up to the machine!

Plus I was wearing my Young's General Store shirt!

':drinkers:'

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 05:34:12 pm »

I was sooooo close in saying something too!

Wish we could ALL have a meet somewhere!
It would be great meeting you all in person....
Anyone going to Chicago in November?!.... I AM this time...
I think we're going to stay at the resort this time.....
So.... who's going?........Who's in?!

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 06:08:06 pm »

I'm going.  Not sure what day though.  I just drive since I live 100 miles away. ':p'

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
keithm
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 11:42:39 pm »

Quote (dr galaga @ Aug. 01 2005,11:27)
One place I stopped at had returnable 7oz bottles in a "variety pack".  The nice thing is that the bottle cap states what is in the bottle!

Dr.

What is the brand of this soda ?  It looks very similar to something that I remember from my childhood.  Is it "Springtime" ?  The caps look very familiar.  It is made by Seymour or is that just the box it is in ??  I am a native Wisconsinite now living in N. Illinois and am intersested in the Wisconsin bottlers. I kept meaning to drop you a note before you left re: 2 bottlers that you did not mention in your earlier posts.  Sprecher in Milwaukee in more known for their beer and root beer, but they have a line of glass bottled "gourmet sodas" that they sell.  Another of my favorites is Black Bear in St. Francis, which is a suburb of Milwaukee. I have not been able to find them in glass yet.  Would like to hear more about the details of your journey through WI.

Keith
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 10:28:12 am »

The place that I bought the Sun-Drop from was Twig's Beverage, Shawano, WI.  This is the place where the office door says "Use Other Door," which the only other one is the bottling line door.  Very small town - they are closed during the lunch hour and weekends.  The multi-packs were from Seymour Beverage, Seymour, WI.  Here I stopped at the local grocery store in Seymour.  I think that they use generic bottle caps because the Black Cherry caps are the same from Shawano and Seymour (haven't had a chance to try them yet).  Another place that I passed through, but did not stop, was New London Kist Bottling, New London, WI.  The person that I found out about these places has a web page with pictures here: http://www.canconnection.com/returnables.htm . He is from Minnesota and makes a journey to the Dairy state for his pop!  In Stevens Point I stopped at a large IGA right before the expressway to stock up on Point beer and soda - the Black Cherry Cream is awsome!  PM me if you need any more info.  Below is a map with a star showing where everything is.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: