SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 01:21:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quikold model 1400-wd coca-cola machine  (Read 5837 times)
Roughneck Forever
« on: April 06, 2005, 11:34:02 pm »

My uncle bought one.  I noticed that this site said that Quikold didnt make a Coca-Cola Cooler.  What gives?  Did they paint over another one?  It looks very similar to the ones for Dr. Pepper and 7-Up that the site has picture for.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 08:38:33 pm »

Do you have some pictures you can post?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Roughneck Forever
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 09:51:06 am »

I'll post some.  I do not have any right now, but I will post as soon as I get them.  

RF
Roughneck Forever
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:02:43 pm »

By the way....does anyone know if quikold made a coke cooler?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 02:49:11 pm »

From what I've seen, heard and read.... Quikold made coolers for everybody else but Coke.
I've seen embossed Double Cola, Cleo Cola, Crush, Grapette, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi and 7up
etc, etc. everything but Coke.
They where the answer to Westinghouse for the “Other” brands.

Post a picture when you can.
Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Roughneck Forever
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 10:26:53 pm »

I tried to post the photos thru this...but they might have been to big.  I made a yahoo account so you could view them.  Please select the link to see the pics of the cooler.

Quikold Coca-Cola Cooler

Tell me what you guys think...

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 07:57:30 pm »

Hey Roughneck! What part of Texas are you in?  I am out here in Midland.  Nice to see a few Texans around here!  Thought I was the only nut here in Texas!  Justin
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 09:25:48 pm »

Hmmmmmm... It's not a decal or handpainted... Maybe Local Coca-Cola  Bottler there got the
green light to get a few Quikolds screened with their logo... It looks like the real thing. Never know
stuff turns up all the time..... Nice cooler. Looks late fifties more squared off wish they would have had
them embossed but who knows... you may come across one.

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Roughneck Forever
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 10:48:56 pm »

Quote (JustinBoots @ April 10 2005,8:57)
Hey Roughneck! What part of Texas are you in?  I am out here in Midland.  Nice to see a few Texans around here!  Thought I was the only nut here in Texas!  Justin

I am from the Longview-Tyler area.  I am new to this cooler stuff.  My uncle found the one I put the pics of up, and I got to looking around to see what it was about.  Good to hear from a fellow Texan.
Roughneck Forever
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 10:50:23 pm »

Quote (Eric @ April 10 2005,10:25)
Hmmmmmm... It's not a decal or handpainted... Maybe Local Coca-Cola  Bottler there got the
green light to get a few Quikolds screened with their logo... It looks like the real thing. Never know
stuff turns up all the time..... Nice cooler. Looks late fifties more squared off wish they would have had
them embossed but who knows... you may come across one.

Eric

We didnt know what we have.  I was just looking and found this site.  I guess its pretty neat to have one from coke huh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: