SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 07:31:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Pickers - Dr Pepper Plant  (Read 9095 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: May 26, 2016, 08:26:48 am »

I am not sure if anyone caught yesterday's episode of American Pickers, but they went to the Dublin, TX Dr Pepper Bottling plant.  There was some really cool stuff there.  As with most shows though the stuff they did not buy or was NFS was cooler than than the stuff they did buy.  But they did buy some cool stuff also. 
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:36:30 pm »

It was a great show on the Dr.Pepper but I think it was all for show only ( Just my option )

Really you think that they would only sell to Pickers and not auction any of it off for way bigger bucks ?

And the 2 signs Mike bought I know the 8 footer was worth more .

But over all really Cool stuff . tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:29:07 pm »

It was a great show on the Dr.Pepper but I think it was all for show only ( Just my option )

Really you think that they would only sell to Pickers and not auction any of it off for way bigger bucks ?

And the 2 signs Mike bought I know the 8 footer was worth more .

But over all really Cool stuff . tounge

Watched it on demand and said the same thing on those signs. Still fun to watch

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:32:31 am »

I agree with both of you.  I have given up on the "real" in these reality shows, but love seeing the cool stuff all in one place. 
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:31:54 am »

I agree with both of you.  I have given up on the "real" in these reality shows, but love seeing the cool stuff all in one place. 

Yep, these are all staged, but it's neat seeing what's out there.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 11:36:42 am »

They are coming to our area to film soon. Called me (and others) see if we might have something of interest for their show. I haven't heard back from them, so who knows.
This show and Pawn Stars seem to be longest lasting shows so their premise is appealing to viewers. The producers should take note.. Less drama and more cool stuff!

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 12:21:20 pm »

Andy, let us know what happens.   I wonder if you only need neat stuff and then you end up on the show, they pretend to buy it and then give it back to you.   I am not local to their stores so never know if anything they buy ends up in their stores. 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 12:24:08 pm »

A young lady came into our store recently, with a very interesting story. She told us that she had put a call into the producers, that her father had a ton of neat stuff. They came to the property and filmed one episode. It was the time Frank and Mike traveled to Malibu California and were picking from her father, who looked like an old mountain man.
        I told her that I always thought that the show was staged, but she assured us that this particular show was real. In addition to what the boys bought on the show, some of the crew members bought stuff as well.
        They filmed on a Saturday and that evening the Dad, an old hippy, took them all to party at his friends mansion.
        The next morning Frankie left the group early to meet up with some old buddies..............Hells Angels  biggrin

Glen
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 08:03:33 am »

I saw the episode, the young kid seemed very knowledgeable - it's good to see some young folks finding and interest in the past. Like others have said, I like seeing what other people have & collect

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 06:38:54 pm »

I have been to Dublin a couple of times.  One time, Mr. Kloster took me to one of his warehouses and showed my some of his stuff.  He didn't offer to sell me anything.  I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet the man.  He told me the story about how his wife didn't want him drinking regular Dr. Pepper, so he had the plant fill some Diet Dr. Pepper bottles with regular Dr. Pepper.  I also got to see his old Dr. Pepper delivery truck.  It was painted Dr. Pepper green of course.  He had some restored Dr. Pepper machines including two S-48s and a Guiberson EDV2.  I guess a lot of you know that they were sued by Dr. Pepper/Snapple for selling outside their territory.  As part of the settlement, they lost the right to bottle Dr. Pepper anymore.  What a shame!  This was the oldest Dr. Pepper bottler in the country.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:17:06 pm by vendo81d » Logged
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:40 pm »

The endless yard sale went to a friend of mine yard sale and bought a sign from him and filmed it . He still has sign that was a year ago . Just a chance for people to get air time not to sell .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:22:30 am »

Vendo81,  that is a great story....thanks for sharing.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: