SMC Discussion Areas
June 19, 2024, 02:40:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Soda, Candy, or Coin-op related, not even old - but still think its cool  (Read 3591 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« on: February 02, 2016, 12:42:31 am »

Well I haven't found anything on-topic lately, so I have had to get my soda fix vicariously through everyone else on the board.  However, I did happen to acquire a unique collectable that I thought I would share.  As a lifelong Cardinal baseball fan, I think its pretty awesome and its a great man-cave item.  Albert Pujols played college ball at Maple Woods Community College in Kansas City.  He has always been very involved in children's charities so after his rookie season and first All-Star game he put together this shadow-box that includes an All-Star game pennant, his promo photo, League Ball, and the bat he used to warm up for the homerun derby - all items are signed.  He presented it himself at a KC Children's Hospital fund raising auction.  A great piece from a great individual.  Even though he is no longer a Cardinal, I still root for him to do well and have become a closet Angels fan. 

Sorry for the off-topic post, but figured it would be acceptable for the General ChitChat area.  Baseball stuff is a bit of a secondary hobby for me to do with my boys.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:47:37 am »

That's really neat Brian. I'm also a Cards fan.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Ross
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:57:02 am »

Very nice, and unique.

Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo V-110
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:20:06 am »

Great piece!! Cards fan as well. The AM radio with Jack Buck and later Harry Carie describing the plays was great stuff. Stan the man, Gibson, Ozzie... Fun memories. If they could just figure out how to hit the ball in the world serious :-). Piss poor post season performance of late.
Thanks for the post!!
Creighton
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:30:02 am by Creighton » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 08:08:26 am »

Yes.. Cards fan also .. took my son to one of the Winter Warmups and got to meet Lance Berkman and get his autograph and picture with him...
Was a great guy.. this is great "go with" stuff... nice filler to surround your machines and coolers... I have a friend who has the Coca-Cola chest
from Sportsman Park before they tore it down.
Nice collectible you have there....Congrats! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Ross
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 08:47:28 am »

... I have a friend who has the Coca-Cola chest
from Sportsman Park before they tore it down.
Nice collectible you have there....Congrats! happydrinkers

I love it when a machine has a history--especially an interesting one.

Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo V-110
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 09:47:47 am »

What a great piece!!! Thanks for sharing it!
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »

Glad you all liked it and good to see a good group of Cards fans here on the board!  I used to listen to the Cardinal games at night on the radio as a kid.  Now that almost all the games are televised I watch them in the evenings with my kids.  Drives the wife crazy, but good bonding time with the boys.  When they were little and I coached their baseball teams everyone would fight over getting jersey #5 so they could be Pujols.  They think this shadowbox is cooler than my 81.  They are already calling dibs on it the will.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Strem2525

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 08:27:54 pm »

Luv the shadow box with Pujols  memorabilia.  I am a diehard Cardinals fan-born and raised , listening on the radio and going to games at Old Busch and now New Busch Stadiums.   Wish Albert could have finished out his career as a Cardinal........ l have 2 stadiums seats from Old Busch when they tore it down- best place to watch games on tv.    Wish The O's and Nat's played them more often smile   Sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: