SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 08:51:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canteen Gum Machine  (Read 5196 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: September 26, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »

After a wait of more than a month the Canteen machine finally arrived yesterday from Canada. I immediately made special space for it.

What a great little machine it is. I love the way it has spacers that allow for either vending the old square type gum or single strips.

The card insert has been ripped. Is there a canteen owner out there who could scan me a copy or take a good picture so that I can get it replicated, please?

I'd like to acknowledge the fact that without a great member here, Ed, I would not have been able to add this machine to my small collection. He picked the machine up for me and packed it professionally (so good it took me nearly half an hour to actually get to the machine) and posted it overseas. These machines are rare, he could have quite easily have just kept it for himself. A true Gentleman. Thank you.

Dave

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 07:43:31 pm »

Dave,
Only one pic?? Kidding. Great job Ed!!. Very happy it made it one piece. Canteen had some very sharp folks working there. Near Rolls Royce attention details.

Post a pic of what is ripped. Think there are only six Canteen owners that are active here.

Creighton
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 08:30:10 pm »

Dave,
That's an awesome addition to your collection ! ! !
I love it and will be on the search for one now...
Congrats ! ! !
You've been landing some nice stuff as of late!

My six cents,

Jim

HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:17:14 am »

Congrats on the Canteen. Like the other machines in the reflection as well, especially the pulver.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 04:46:21 pm »

Thank you.. The Pulver is a really neat machine, as is the Zeno. Both clockwork.. Don't get that with British machines.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 08:04:09 pm »

Glad I could help Dave!

Many members here have helped me over the years, so it was the least I could do.
Plus, you saw it first on CL, and had you not even posted it here, I would have missed it, so it was yours from the get go! Keeping it for myself wasn't even an option... I don't roll that way  Cool

I knew these were rare, but I never knew how rare..... but I don't collect these small machines, (not yet at least lol) Glad I could help you on your Canteen Quest  smile

Ed

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
crackerman_don
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:04 pm »

Dave awesome machine I have a canteen candy machine lI have seen those mounted on side of the machine I have and it looks cool . I also would like to have one of those also I have several canteen machines now. Awesome ten strike you have too!!!! They made a peanut too right? Ed is a good guy I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple weeks ago when he came to pick up his 7 up VMC 88 he bought from me.

Don

Vendo-39
Vendo-27a
Vendo-56
7 up VMC-33
Popperette
Vendo 27
Vendo 44
Pepsi Gullwing
Minut pop
Seeburg W
You'll Like popcorn
Glasscock Counter Top
Popcorn Sez
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 11:51:00 pm »

Hey Don,
Cat is out of the bag so to speak in your own words :-)

>I have several canteen machines now.
Any for sale?? Foolish I know but gotta ask.

>They made a peanut too right?
A peanut vendor is shown in the ad copy of the period. Went on the other side of the gum vendor attached to the main candy machine. Leonard and I have searched for years for one. So far to no avail.

Great score Dave. Pic of the torn label?
Creighton

sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 10:02:43 am »

I am happy for you, I also have the candy vendor and have searched for the 2 side mounts to no avail.  Wonderful news!!

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: