SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 03:03:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two machines I am considering, but only one to buy...  (Read 6151 times)
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« on: June 01, 2015, 08:07:35 pm »

I found a couple machines on Craigslist. 

One is a Westinghouse WC-42T  Doesn't appear to have the columns but the guy is not sure...
 http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/atq/5050031784.html

The second is a Vendo V-80E that has been sitting in a garage for about 40 years...nice and clean but also cleaned out!  no coin mech, no columns.  has the motor and does work and get cold.  I offered $100 but the lady wants a little more even though her husband was just going to put it on the curb with a free sign.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/atq/5053394676.html

Which shall I go for???  Which would be easier to get parts for (and cheaper)Huh?

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

Well I don't drink Coca-Cola, but I sure like an old moonshine - Tom Petty
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 08:28:33 pm »

Go get that Vendo 80 ASAP for $500!  The cabinet fit a Vendo 81 never know you might find a 81 Door!!
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »

I'd buy both! Westinghouse has a large door coin mech. 80 looks great as is or as Jared said will make a great donor machine to build a 81!

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:52:29 pm »

Grabbing the Vendo for $200.  thanks guys!  Now let's hope it will fit in my 2Dr jeep without the top on.  Standing it up should be fine.

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 06:23:23 am »

Would love to see a picture of it riding in the jeep.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:27:59 pm »

Well i wouldve snapped a pic of it in the jeep but....worked graveyard last night til 6am, had to wake up at 830 and bring my jeep in to get the front end redone....(JustEmptyEveryPocket). Was stressing ot because on the way to pick up the machine last night my slave clutch decided to break on me...that was fun getting home to switch vehicles instead of going straight to work.  darn   The vendo fit laying on its side in my jeep so didnt have to stand it up though i wish i had.   laugh  the machine gets cold fast!  The couple i got it from had it in a storage type room (shed?) for about 40 years and the husband has had it in the family since he was 12 or so. No insides but no rust either. Smiley  looks like it had been repainted at one time though...got a pic of it next to my westy. $200, definitely worth it!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:33:15 pm by iggybu » Logged

Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »

Great score congrats
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 09:23:05 pm »

If you lay a machine down should you not plug it in for a while... I've always heard that.

It looks to be in really nice shape.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 10:32:47 pm »

I pulled it out this morning and it sat for about 4 hours before i got a chance to really look at it and plug it in.  Thanks for the heads up on that.

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:01 pm »

That 80 looks like a nice original, if you are going to try and complete it I have a few extra vending racks.

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 10:49:33 pm »

Just sent you a pm.

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: