SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 07:34:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Post, My First Machine...  (Read 2524 times)
Rob_Feature

« on: June 19, 2014, 08:31:45 am »

Hey all,
just got a Cavalier uss-8-64 and joined the forums.  I was very pleasantly surprised to see so many of the forum gurus here in SE Michigan.  Taking my compressor over to JohnieG tomorrow to get it worked over  (did some ugly things trying to get it out of the box...let's just say there was a sawzall involved after finding many screws quite attached to their surroundings)

Anyway, looking forward to learning from everyone here!  Thanks for the forums...

---------

-Bob
SodaNoob w/ a Westinghouse WB78 & Cavalier USS-8-64
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 09:04:18 am »

Welcome to the boards Rob, and congrats. You're gonna love your 64, small but versatile. 

The Michigan Mafia will be sending you your welcome kit shortly. We let this years luncheon  slip by, but  I am working on a meet greet and eat for late summer/fall. for the Michigan  (and honoree) members

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:26:29 am »

Sweet little machine. Congrats and welcome

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Rob_Feature

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:28:35 am »

Thanks guys...picked this up for $100.  Needs alot of cleaning and it doesn't get cold.  Not an amazing price, but not terrible, right?  I figure another couple hundred to restore gives me a nice little machine for $300 (and puts some cash in JohnieG's pocket...a nice way for me to get into the hobby)...

---------

-Bob
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 11:46:29 am »

Thanks guys...picked this up for $100.  Needs alot of cleaning and it doesn't get cold.  Not an amazing price, but not terrible, right?  I figure another couple hundred to restore gives me a nice little machine for $300 (and puts some cash in JohnieG's pocket...a nice way for me to get into the hobby)...

$100 is a good price. I look at it as if I am buying for myself to keep, then what price I pay is what I was comfortable paying even if its higher than what others are going for. You are the one that has to be happy with it. If it's an investment then you should query what others have gone for to see if the price is in the ballpark. That is just the way I work. Welcome to the hobby and trust me IT IS ADDICTING! There is alot of knowledge in this outlet and we will all help in any way we can even if its about other vending products(pinball,scales, gumballs)

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
Rob_Feature

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 11:49:30 am »

IT IS ADDICTING!

Yeah, I'm an arcade guy and I found that those machines multiplied QUICKLY.  Then I added pinball.  Then a jukebox.  And now this...so yeah.  I've got that sickness, already.

---------

-Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: