SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 01:59:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding chrome trim  (Read 2287 times)
« on: February 18, 2005, 04:55:14 pm »

Does anyone know where to find chrome trim used on 1950's cola machines? I need some half inch rounded trim.  I heard there's someone out there who restores cola machines and he buys the trim and then bends it himself to make the rounded corners on the older machines. I'd like to know how he does that. I also found a auto-detailer who has the plastic flexible (glued on) trim used on car doors that looks very close to my trim. This would solve the problem of making a rounded corner, but I don't know how durable it is or whether the glue will hold up. I'd rather use the better stuff if possible. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks------------Larry
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 12:02:28 am »

Hello Larry,
  I always use the original trim when possible. The plastic automotive trim works good too. You will need a heat gun to make the rounded corners. Tape down one end using a piece of duct tape, make your corner bend by using a heat gun. When you get the shape you desire tape down the second end. Allow the trim to cool in the shape that you desire. Now all you have to do is peel the backing and mount your trim. Terry

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: