SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 12:18:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe cleaner for cigarette smoke and grime.  (Read 3033 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: November 23, 2013, 10:10:16 am »

I ran across this product and found it to be pretty safe on paint.  However, test on a small area, etc., etc.  I used this on one of my games and the results were awesome.  I thought I would share this. 

First I tried full strength Simple Green and it hardly did nothing.  I tried a few household cleaners and had the same results.  Then I used this stuff, from Simple Green, and it cut through the smoke like a hot knife through butter.  The paint almost matched the paint that was protected under the wood (not pictured) so I sprayed it again, no difference, but the pink paint started to fade, I tried a third time and there was no difference.  I could not get the white area, hidden under the wood, to match the white area, exposed to the environment) to match perfectly, but it is very close.  So I would suggest spraying it on, timing out 1 1/2 minutes, wiping off, and then a damp water cloth rinse.  You want to try to keep everything as dry as possible.  The one minute or minute and a half method worked fine with no paint loss.  Very easy and very fast.

A lot of stuff.
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 11:34:14 am »

All the pinball guys swear by another product with a similar name, Mean Green. $5-6 gallon @ Dollar General.
When you run out of the aerosol stuff, try it.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 12:59:45 pm »

I'm sure mean green is a knock off of simple green.  I never tried it, but if it is the same chemical make up of full strength simple green, it wont cut through this muck.  This clinging foam just sprays on and wipes off.  Absolutely no scrubbing at all.  So easy.

A lot of stuff.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:35:46 pm »

looks like it works great . Is it safe on tin signs?

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

Ok, Larry, I ordered a can from Amazon based on your recommendation.
  I'd hate to have the michigan Mafia have to pay you a  visit if it isn't as good as you  say... well Pat is busy being a big star and doing commercials, so he wouldn't show, and Bob doesn't have his SUV back form the dealer, so I'll have to get back with you to see who's available if we have to pay you a visit.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 11:00:48 am »

Ok, Larry, I ordered a can from Amazon based on your recommendation.
  I'd hate to have the michigan Mafia have to pay you a  visit if it isn't as good as you  say... well Pat is busy being a big star and doing commercials, so he wouldn't show, and Bob doesn't have his SUV back form the dealer, so I'll have to get back with you to see who's available if we have to pay you a visit.

Sounds appropriate for a midwestern Mafia.   "Some guys and I might come to see you... it depends on who's available... is there a convenient time?"

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 02:53:56 pm »

I don't know if it is safe on signs.  I only used it on the one machine.  Just don't use it more than once.  That's when my pink paint started to fade. 

Since lake Michigan touches Chicago and Michigan, can I be a jr. member of the mob?  tounge

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: