SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 03:09:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freakin' snipers  (Read 8908 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 09:51:56 am »

If it was within my area and I didn't know Jim was bidding on it, I would have sniped it too!  down

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 09:53:08 am »

Damn...thought you would of landed that one.  I thought it was a good buy when I sent the link.

There will be others...

Jared
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 12:44:20 am »

auction snipers... at an auction.... and you lost, the auction?
rules about bidding, at an auction? what other "rules" are there, other
than "high bid" gets it... at the AUCTION?

how dare they..... really? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA  glare

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:47:34 am by globalcompressors » Logged

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 10:09:30 am »

I don't like snipe bidding also and have lost some items to it but extended the bid would open the door for shill bidders.   

I go to auctions one to two times a week and have come very aware of some auctions companies shill bidders,  I have seen them run the price up on unsuspecting bidder and have called a few out for doing this type of stuff.

I just get there early look the items over and decide a maximum bid and watch for shill bidders they are easy to pick out.

Online auctions like ebay has become a battle of the last few seconds,  I bid what I will pay for an item days before the auction ends and although I do get beat in the last few seconds I also have won many items for less than my high bid. 

Bottom line any auction should be open to the person actually wanting the item who is willing to pay the most, this stuff has become so popular that the only good deal is one where you are satisfied that you got the item for a price that you were willing to pay....

aspbear
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 11:08:33 am »

If it was within my area and I didn't know Jim was bidding on it, I would have sniped it too!  down

I did not bid this auction but let's say I did.

1.  Item of interest to me appears on E-bay, I add it to my watch list.
        2.  Bidder #1 places a bid early in the auction.
        3.  Bidder #1 increases his bid the day before auction ends.
        4.  I get a watch notice from E-bay a few hours before ending time, I check bid history.
        5.  I DO NOT bid yet, bidder #1 is comfortable and if I enter my max now, he gets an e mail that he has been outbid.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=291007452316

Glen
TheGarbageHunter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 11:12:18 am »

I love that picture!

Garbage Gold Hunter
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 12:08:31 pm »

If it's something I really want, I snipe.  If it's something I like but it doesn't really matter if I win it or not, I bid.

Sniping gets rid of shill bids and it does not give the other person a chance to think about the fact that he was outbid and then after a few minutes, hours, or days decide that they really want it and increase their bids.  So sniping saves you money.  Sniping is your friend!!

The pleasures of sniping for me would be the satisfaction of beating someone out at the last second.  Yep, that is a good feeling to win the race.

If I loose, well then at least I jacked it up and that person paid more.  tounge

It goes both ways though.  I remember bidding on something and there were three or more of us snipers and I won, but boy did we all jack up the price to the point of almost having buyers remorse.  But at least I won and that person can say well at least I made that other person (me) spend some serious cash.  laugh

A lot of stuff.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 12:16:50 pm »

That's not as bad as the last auction I was at , the auctioneer started fantom bidding and it took me a couple of items to figure it out . Some time that guy in the back was not there . When that stopped working he would stop and beg for bids , needless to say I will not go back there.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 12:21:27 pm »

yeah it $ucks...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Smallblock
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 12:44:44 pm »

I agree with Larry.

If i want something i must decide and place my maxbid before the ebay-auction ending.
Sniping it's a tactic that makes competitors feel safe and not ponder about how much they are willing to pay.

I don't really know if it are so big difference between snipers and people who waiting to the end to increase the maxbid if someone else do?

On the swedish (ebay owned) Tradera I have loose two beautiful shell gaspumpglobes in the last two weeks and i think i have them untill the last minutes hopefull
But i have already increase my max bid a few$ (or swedish crowns) obove my pain limit.

Oneday the snipers are on a vacation hopefull
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:48:31 pm by Smallblock » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: