SMC Discussion Areas
June 25, 2024, 10:02:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cracker Barrel Glass Bottle Selection  (Read 5585 times)
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 06:54:08 am »

No not Sams, I buy from a Beverage Company that distributes many different lines of Soda and Beer.  If you can find a local distributer that sells to the public, they tend to have better prices.  I buy from Greenco Beverage Co. in Greenville, SC.

Greg
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 07:12:24 am »

I like the Cracker Barrel and have always been suckered into buying glass bottles of flavours of drinks I have heard you guys talk about but never seen before. I also buy their gum too. Beehams etc. Can't beat a bit of Nostalgia. Never ate there though.. Too many old people waiting to get in.

jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 07:32:31 am »

I like the Cracker Barrel and have always been suckered into buying glass bottles of flavours of drinks I have heard you guys talk about but never seen before. I also buy their gum too. Beehams etc. Can't beat a bit of Nostalgia. Never ate there though.. Too many old people waiting to get in.

You aren't missing too much Dave.  The food is OK but it is mostly very heavy "comfort food" - in other words lots of fried and lots of gravy.  We go there occasionally because the boys really like it and they can afford to eat a 2,500 calorie meal,  but personally I would rather eat at a local place.  The nostalgia at CB seems too forced to me, but I have to admit it is kind of cool to see some of the old brands like Beemans, Teaberry and Clove gum.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 12:11:16 pm »

No not Sams, I buy from a Beverage Company that distributes many different lines of Soda and Beer.  If you can find a local distributer that sells to the public, they tend to have better prices.  I buy from Greenco Beverage Co. in Greenville, SC.

There's the rub, as the expression goes. I'm doubt many of them are even allowed to sell to the public if they were inclined to. I know it's a different product, but I once asked Nintendo about selling games directly to the public, and the response was that their contracts with retailers prohibited them from doing that. This was years before retail electronic software distribution (Wii Shop, etc.)

In particular I expect Coca-Cola to be the same way.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: