SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 03:08:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting a want ad on craigslist.  (Read 6767 times)
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 08:22:13 pm »

I also brought most of my stuff on CL, the last purchase was a United Puck bowler.....play Jim's "Kilroy" ball bowler I got the itch for one but didn't have the room for the ball type so I had to settle for the puck style. Which do to the size required a trailer.. I didn't have one handy so after sizing the seller up I left him a small deposit and good to his word he keep the ad up but adding "sales pending" I pick up the game as scheduled and he was even nice enough to help dismantle and load it.  

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 08:47:33 pm »

I also brought most of my stuff on CL, the last purchase was a United Puck bowler.....play Jim's "Kilroy" ball bowler I got the itch for one but didn't have the room for the ball type so I had to settle for the puck style. Which do to the size required a trailer.. I didn't have one handy so after sizing the seller up I left him a small deposit and good to his word he keep the ad up but adding "sales pending" I pick up the game as scheduled and he was even nice enough to help dismantle and load it.  

If you don't mind me asking, was that the result of a want ad, or did you just find it on there?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:12 pm »

To avoid confusion..........get right to the point.

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/wan/4070043760.html

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 09:17:02 pm »

To avoid confusion..........get right to the point.

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/wan/4070043760.html

Perhaps this is the "Dumb Question of the Day" but, is that your ad?
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 09:21:26 pm »

Call the number, ask for Glen!

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 07:25:23 am »

biggrin    No not my ad, but it does spoil the fun of the search for some of us.

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 11:46:21 am »

I checked it out, you're in Ventura, the ad was in Bakersfield. I don't know how far apart they are, but I wouldn't have figured you'd said "Bakersfield" if you were in Ventura.

...but it does spoil the fun of the search for some of us.

Yah, hunting for a solid, working late-model USS around here is just a barrel of laughs.  tounge

Oh, I'm sure in Fresno, there are 80's USS coke machines in front of every corner drug store, but here in the rural
Deep South, they're a little hard to come by. Pixel, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're stuck with Choice Vends!
darn

EDIT: Don't worry, johnnie, I remembered.  tounge

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:06:25 pm by Pixel » Logged
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 12:29:17 pm »

One thing to add for posting a wanted ad, or even a for sale ad.  Get yourself a google voice number.  It rings to your cellphone and can either show up as the callers number or your own google number. 

That way when the phone rings you can know what they are calling about, you can keep your real number private from spammers, you can also block numbers if needed. 
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 12:43:11 pm »

I've never really liked talking on the phone, I get nervous for some reason. I usually withhold my phone number until I'm pretty sure I want to go check something out.

That isn't a bad idea though. I would be a little worried about google making me sit through vending supply company ads on YouTube.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: