SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:05:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swimming pool question, ok I know WAY OFF BASE...  (Read 3107 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: June 17, 2013, 04:33:16 pm »

Ok I know , way off base but I trust your guys input..

we have an above ground swimming pool in the backyard, it's a metal sided and framed one, not a blow up or plastic and am looking for a decent Vacuum Cleaner type of deal for it..
I have 2 of the suction type cleaners, but am looking at some of these smaller stick broom type of cleaner or something self sustained that doesn't require to be hooked up to the filter for some simple "in between" cleanings.. I've seen some small battery operated types but not sure if they have any pickup ability?

anyone got any advice or suggestions..

Thanks
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:22:05 pm »

Sorry John, I just use the original vac method myself but am interested if someone has used something a little easier to use. On a side note, there's nothing wrong with the question. This is general chit chat.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:26:31 pm »

Sorry John, I just use the original vac method myself but am interested if someone has used something a little easier to use. On a side note, there's nothing wrong with the question. This is general chit chat.

Same here - I'd be interested in knowing about anything a little less cumbersome than the vac-head connected to the intake on the pump!

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 07:45:35 pm »

John,
I don't get much debris in mine, so I just use the pole mount vacuum every few weeks, but I remember seeing something at my local pool store.
I could not remember the name, but did a search for "battery powered pool vacuum" and this came up.

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?PIN=142936&DL=GAW1&SC=WIG20001&

No review or anything, but I am sure there are online reviews of it and others are out there too.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:18:45 pm »

We have a Polairs 65....They work like a charm as long as you keep the small screen clean.....They will only last 3 maybe 4 years if you take good care of the hoses.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Polaris-Vac-Sweep-65-Above-Ground-Pressure-Side-Automatic-Pool-Cleaner/6-130-00.htm?ecmpid=aw_pla_search_6-130-00&adtype=paid&utm_campaign=aw_plaMain&gclid=CISyuKq37LcCFVEV7Aod3x4A5g

Brian
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 08:35:22 pm »

We have a Polairs 65....They work like a charm as long as you keep the small screen clean.....They will only last 3 maybe 4 years if you take good care of the hoses.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Polaris-Vac-Sweep-65-Above-Ground-Pressure-Side-Automatic-Pool-Cleaner/6-130-00.htm?ecmpid=aw_pla_search_6-130-00&adtype=paid&utm_campaign=aw_plaMain&gclid=CISyuKq37LcCFVEV7Aod3x4A5g

Brian

Actually - yeah, I had one as well.  It came with our pool - ours had the "turbo turtle" top on it.  Lasted about 3 years and I never replaced it after it broke.  I agree, it did work well.  Attaches to the exhaust-side, it drags a net under the water and blows water/debris through the net.   I might need to get a new one.  Not much less cumbersome than the vac head, but doesn't clog the filter.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:22:58 am »

Thanks,
I'm looking for the type that does not hook into the filter pump... more like what Tom posted.. I've seen a few like that.. was just hoping someone had something good or bad to say about a few..

I found one for around $50.00 runs on batteries, might try it.. just want it for quick cleanup when we get some debris In the bottom before  a quick dip without having to clean the whole thing first..

I'll let you know what I find out about it after I use it.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: