SMC Discussion Areas
July 05, 2024, 09:05:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storage suprise  (Read 2673 times)
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« on: June 15, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »

I headed to my storage unit this morning to unload my trailer to make room for a couple machines and Stoner I was meeting Slider Bob to pick up. When i arrived I found a different lock on the door.  darn  After finding out the storage units were sold recently and several calls the maintenance guy showed up and cut the lock off. Thankfully all my machines were still in the unit and the person who put their lock on was dumb enough to put their name  on the lock so they will be getting a visit from the police.

The new owner was very helpfull in taking care of the problem and is installing new security measures to ensure things like this don't happen anymore. Can't say what a sick feeling you get thinking you lost 25 machines and the relief when you find out they're still there.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 08:30:53 pm »

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Glad to hear it ended well!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »

Yes, definitely a nervous moment wondering what's going on...Glad everything's ok.  Great seeing you today, and thanks for lunch!

BTW Ken, you need to update your profile with your newly acquired machines...You've been on a huge buying spree lately!!!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:54:53 pm »

I always wondered about that part of the storage locker auction. "Oops, sorry, my bad" doesn't really cut it sometimes and you know they are going to say "at your own risk"

Tim
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »

I had a storage unit when I moved 10 years ago and got a phone call one night that someone may have taken some of my Items. Got there and a truck had driven into some of the doors and loaded all my stuff up and left. And you guessed it , with out proof of what all was in there I was out of luck.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:00:38 pm »

I had a storage unit when I moved 10 years ago and got a phone call one night that someone may have taken some of my Items. Got there and a truck had driven into some of the doors and loaded all my stuff up and left. And you guessed it , with out proof of what all was in there I was out of luck.
I do have pics of what is in the units. Thats how I proved to them it was my unit. The number was in the pic.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »

Damn...you got lucky and glad you posted so I learned a lesson!  I have pretty much 3/4 of what I own in a storage unit since I moved from DC to NC, I need to stop by and take some photos with the number and stuff in it

Glad you were able to get those machines back, can't imagine if the new owner was a hardass and put up some resistance

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: