SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:42:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 33 bottles getting stuck  (Read 3303 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« on: March 18, 2013, 01:59:02 pm »

Has anyone had issues with the 8oz Coke bottles getting jammed in their VMC 27/33 ?   Mine seems to have trouble with the bottle on the top at around the 11 o'clock position, just to the left of the single bottle at 12:00. 

Stupid question I guess, but you do load them open-end first, right?    oops

Thanks,
Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »

Is the new shape of the 8oz coke bottles to blame?  They went through a change about 5 years ago and I remember having some trouble in some of my machines as well.  I thought the Vendo and VMC 44 struggled with the bottles new shape. 

I know there are more expert opinions abut this on the board.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »

I usually buy the 12 oz Mexican Cokes at Costco and use my 81, so haven't had much experience with small bottle solutions.
You do load the bottles crown first on the 27/33. There is a bottle separator that is mounted in the 13th slot and extends up and into the delivery/14th slot of the drum. Is it bent too high or low thus jamming the bottle?
You can also adjust the angle of the stainless steel delivery chute. Maybe the issue as well?
I'd open the main door, mock a vend (be sure to catch the bottle) and see if you can ID what is causing the issue. If it does not happan with the door open, I'd say it is the SS chute.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 02:59:12 pm »

I usually buy the 12 oz Mexican Cokes at Costco and use my 81, so haven't had much experience with small bottle solutions.
You do load the bottles crown first on the 27/33. There is a bottle separator that is mounted in the 13th slot and extends up and into the delivery/14th slot of the drum. Is it bent too high or low thus jamming the bottle?
You can also adjust the angle of the stainless steel delivery chute. Maybe the issue as well?
I'd open the main door, mock a vend (be sure to catch the bottle) and see if you can ID what is causing the issue. If it does not happan with the door open, I'd say it is the SS chute.

Beautiful - thanks Tom.  I think it is the bottle separator (the little sideways L shaped arm that lifts the bottle up into the single bottle position) that is causing the problem.  I opened the door and could easily see the bottle was jammed hard against 'something'.  I loaded it with the old-school 6.5 oz bottles (empties) and it vends all day long without a problem.

I didn't want to go bending the separator without double-checking with you guys first.  I'll try playing with that a little bit and see if I can get it dialed in better for the skinnier bottles.  I've been meaning to mock-vend it anyway, just to watch it work.   smile

BC - On my V-80, I had to install shims to vend the newer 8 oz bottles.  They wouldn't sit correctly in the stack.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 07:25:15 am »

Thanks Jim,

I thought the slight change in shape wrecked some havoc in some  earliar machines.

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi