SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 09:06:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold my CS-96e  (Read 1933 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« on: February 27, 2013, 02:30:48 am »

I listed my CS-96e on eBay last week and I sold it late Friday on a very fair "best offer" deal.   

Prior to that offer -  jeez, you want to talk about low-ballers - I know its a square top, but it works perfectly and I am NOT going to sell it for $100.00 just because you say you would need to spend a lot of money to come pick it up from your home in West Bumblescum.  That is NMFP buddy.    smile   

A little bittersweet since it was my first Coke machine, but the USS-64 I got recently is really a more practical machine for my purposes and I don't need two square-top slant shelf machines.

I sold it for pretty much what I had into it considering the only real work it needed was a new sign from Funtronics, some bulbs and a coin-mech refresh from Johnnie G, so I'm pretty pleased with the deal.  I may turn around and buy one of those cool "return empties here" racks that Funtronics sells.  Still debating that one.  It would be cool to have an original rack, but I haven't come across any recently.

The buyer is coming to pick it up on the 9th when I get back from India, so perhaps you'll see a new member to the SMC family soon!

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:31:32 am »

India, what are you doing there?  wow

That 96 was nice, they don't get enough respect.

Not to hijack here,but I sold a 96 yesterday too. Even though it was also nice, I originally bought it just for the compressor.

Sold it to the owner of the Rocket Fizz chain. They want to remove the Coke sign and replace it with their logo.
The bottle door window will be to display room temperature bottles only as they have cold sodas in coolers all over the store.

If this 1960's advertising works well for them they may be interested in putting a light-up in each of their stores, and the color or soda flavor does not matter.
         A lot of their franchises are here in my area but many of them are not.  If anyone here on the board is near one of their locations, and are interested in providing them with a machine, respond here with your location. If this develops further I can call up this post then hook you up..

http://www.rocketfizz.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116&Itemid=92

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:03:34 am »

India, what are you doing there?  wow

Glen,
I work in IT, and I have a team of folks here in Bangalore that report to me, so I'm here to visit them for two weeks.  I'm winding down the trip, I'll be home on the 4th.   It's a whole different world, and it honestly makes you appreciate how lucky we are to live where we do.   But - at least they do have Coke (and Pepsi)!   Cool   It comes in skinny 300 mL cans and is made with real sugar, since sugar cane is plentiful around these parts but corn is mostly imported.  Have not seen any machines though - it is mostly sold/drank at room temp or kept in sliding glass door coolers.

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 11:27:07 am »

Well, she's gone.   down

A very nice guy named Tony from NJ came this morning and picked it up.  It is his first machine and he seemed very excited.  He's going to take it home and tear into it.  He has a buddy that does auto-body work that offered to repaint it for him - so he got exactly what he was looking for, a machine in fine mechanical condition that needs some cosmetic work.

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: