SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 01:27:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for the Game Room Folks  (Read 8715 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 09:13:47 pm »

http://www.smarthome.com/iphone_apps.html

If your a tech junkie... Or just a geek this worked pretty good!

Tim
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:30 am »

Thanks for the input everyone.  now to get it out of my head an into the  basement
 Heading out now to look at  dinette benches  i found on CL, then to my neon guy to finalize the sign  idea I had.

Tim,  I like the idea, but going one better, I will have a hidden room  behind a bookcase. Now to find the right statue bust to use for the  release switch.   Someone was  making a repop of the Shakespeare bust Bruce Wayne used on the TV show,  but last time I saw one on Ebay, it was  $700. I think a dremel and patience, a few rips to Radio Shack and I can build my own.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »

Tim,  I like the idea, but going one better, I will have a hidden room  behind a bookcase. Now to find the right statue bust to use for the  release switch.   Someone was  making a repop of the Shakespeare bust Bruce Wayne used on the TV show,  but last time I saw one on Ebay, it was  $700. I think a dremel and patience, a few rips to Radio Shack and I can build my own.

That's going to be awesome! Now you need the batmobile in there too
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 05:27:11 pm »

Thanks for the input everyone.  now to get it out of my head an into the  basement
 Heading out now to look at  dinette benches  i found on CL, then to my neon guy to finalize the sign  idea I had.

Just make sure to put the instructions for accessing the secret entrance on the back of a rare Coca Cola poster in the form of an Ottendorf Cipher.  Then you can hide the key to the cipher on the backside of the drum in your Vendo 39.  But you will only be able to read the key with special glasses hidden behind the pins in your bowler.  Ahhhh, never mind, that is too complicated.  Just get an old mermaid figurehead off of a sailing ship.  To access the secret room, you will have to use both hands to size up her treasure chest!

Tim
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 05:48:53 pm »

Hey, that has potential Tim... Smiley
Doesn't go with the 50's theme, but that's okay, easier to do up  a nautical hangout.

No wait. I can only imagine what the cats would do to the sand bar....

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 11:01:23 pm »

Hey Jim,

Sound like your game room is coming along nicely that's very cool!  Remember, I'm just down the road from you.... let me know if you need any help ....especially with the arcade machines... being working a few lately.

Ray
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:03:13 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 11:11:14 pm »

In my gameroom, I put outlets where the games are located about every three feet. Most of the outlets are on individual switches. I also have some outlets near the top of the walls and up in the floor joists for lights (hooked up to switches too). There are also a few outlets thrown in that are not on switches. I put the Coke machine and our freezer on a single breaker. Put in way more outlets than you think you will need. I had to go back and add more outlets and I have to use a bunch of multi-taps in place.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 11:39:49 pm »

Always wanted one myself. Can't find the cool video I saw, but here are some sites. I'll keep looking.

http://secretdoorways.com/
http://hiddenpassages.com/
http://www.moltonbookcases.com/hiddenbookcase.html
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Secret_Door
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:45:33 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 09:36:09 am »

Those websites are cool!! I bet they could do a picnic cooler shelving unit! It would look natural in a game room

Tim
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: