SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:59:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member LaCrosse 64/8  (Read 2375 times)
Dvan

« on: February 04, 2013, 07:53:22 am »

Hello SMC!
 Not sure were to post an introduction so I'll post it here. I'm Dvan from Indiana and I am restoring a LaCrosse 64/8 bottle machine. I picked it up a few weeks ago for $100, runs great and keeps pop and beer nice and cold. But she looks pretty ratty, it had wood-grain contact paper on the whole machine. I'm in the process of taking that off and a lot of the paint is coming with it. I'm looking for a few missing parts, manuals, paint color codes (it's a red,white and light blue machine) any kind of information on these type of machines and someone that has one that would be willing to take some close up pics to work off of for the restoration would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Restoring LaCrosse 64/8
Next project! Looking for a coinco ct 48 if you can help!
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:20:17 am »

Hey there:

I'm sure shortly someone with parts will chime in on their own, but for the time being check out FunTronics and Soda Jerk Works (site sponsors with links at bottom of home page).   The guys on this site are great and I'm sure will chime in with some options.  Best bet is to post as many pictures as possible as well as well as a list of the parts you're looking for.  Welcome to the forum!!

ort8149

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:27 am »

Welcome,

I'm fairly new here too and eveyone's been helpful.  Enjoy your restoration.

Orlando
Dvan

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:35 pm »

Yes sodajerkworks does have a few things I need (decals and LaCrosse logo for the front) but not all. I need the lock bracket that bolts on the inside of the door to hold the lock in place, a lock with key, a piece of trim that is red at the bottom that divides the bottom dark blue painted panel and the upper light blue panel, almost all of the outside bottle levelers for the racks, a manual (photo copy would be fine), paint color codes (I work with pantone colors so I have a guide) and really any info on this model and pics of the coin decals so I know what 10 cent decal I need (all the decals were gone on the front). I can't show any pics of the parts I need because they were gone when I got the machine, all I can do is explain the best I can. That is why I hope someone that has this model can contact me and send pics to help in my restoration. I have found a few pics on the web but they get really grainy when I enlarge them. Thanks!

Restoring LaCrosse 64/8
Next project! Looking for a coinco ct 48 if you can help!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:54:01 pm »

Looks like the machine is rejecting the doner wood-grain, no doubt it's an allergic reaction!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 09:29:51 pm »

Welcome to the board! Best of luck on you first build.

~ Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: