SMC Discussion Areas
June 19, 2024, 02:27:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 12oz glass soda availability  (Read 27694 times)
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:33 pm »

Where abouts in the Northeast are you bcharlton?  The BJ's in MA only carry the 8 oz bottles, not the mexican.  I can occasionally get it at Stop & Shop for a buck a bottle, but I think I may be wearing out my welcome there having them special order it....................
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »

Where abouts in the Northeast are you bcharlton?  The BJ's in MA only carry the 8 oz bottles, not the mexican.  I can occasionally get it at Stop & Shop for a buck a bottle, but I think I may be wearing out my welcome there having them special order it....................

Same here in south-central PA - BJ's in York only carries 8oz HFCS sweetened Coke.  Both Sam's and Costco have the 12oz Mexican version near me. 

I also have Reading Draft about an hour north in Reading PA. http://www.readingdraft.com/Reading_Draft/Sodas.html 
Been around since 1921, they brew their own root beer, sarsaparilla birch beer (blueberry, white and red), black cherry, grape and a few other flavors.  $10 a case in 12oz bottles.  I think it's 12 bottles to a case, can't quite recall.  Real friendly folks too - I make a trip there a couple times a year to stock up.  Makes a nice change of pace from Coke.  Different, because they don't 'flash carbonate', my wife thinks it tastes flat but there is carbonation - just much smaller bubbles than Coke/Pepsi.  They also sell by the keg and fountain bags.   (heh, and no - I don't work there)

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 11:12:41 am »

Hey Jacko,

I live in the Buffalo NY area.  I know the local Coca Cola distributor here and they do not bottle the 8oz size.  The 12oz from Mexico is terrific but it would also be nice to be able to buy the 8oz by the case and not sopend 6 bucks per 6 pack.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 11:37:41 am »

Does Coke even bottle in 8 oz. glass anymore? I was getting some from one of my customers and they said they can't get the glass bottles anymore and now get the aluminum bottles.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:16 am »

They do but its usually left up to each local bottler'.  What happened a few months back that caused a little confusion was that the 6 1/2 bottlers' were no longer being refilled by the last local bottler. There are still plenty of 8oz glass bottles of coke to be had.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 11:57:06 am »

They sell the 8oz glass in our local Giant supermarket, but it's less than $5 a 6 pack. My Costco sells the Mexican Coke, but unfortunately nothing else in glass. I did find Mexican Orange Fanta and Sprite at another Giant not too long ago and they were about $1 per bottle.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 01:49:27 pm »

I'm glad that I live within a days drive of Wisconsin. I pick up cases of returnable bottles for around $8.00 a case (24), including Sun-Drop.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 03:06:52 pm »

I'm glad that I live within a days drive of Wisconsin. I pick up cases of returnable bottles for around $8.00 a case (24), including Sun-Drop.

Now that I am back in the Midwest I will have to head on over this summer and pick some up!   happydrinkers
Norrisk66

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 05:01:38 pm »

Between Walmart, Sam's and Publix I am able to keep mine stocked with allot of diffrent flavors...to include the Coors Light happydrinkers

Glad to hear you are supporting Coors Light!

I work for Coors- and we get 9 cases of beer a month from our employee outlet. Needless to say- I won't have a shortage of long necks in my slider once I get it up and running!
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 09:03:55 pm »

I am in the Raleigh NC area and a big Diet Coke fan and the only place I can find Diet Coke is Glass bottles is at one of the Target Store that has them in 8oz bottles ($3.99 for a 6 pack, but sometimes on special for $2.99).  We have several other Targets, but they don't carry Diet Coke, only Coke.   I actually did email Coke a few weeks ago just to get some clarification of what they still bottle in glass and to my surprise they replied right away and then provided me a phone number for further questions.   In email they told me the following:

"As you may know, regarding availability, local bottling companies choose which brands to sell, the size and type of the packaging that will be available in their territories. These decisions are based on consumer demand and other market factors. The bottling companies then distribute our brands to retail outlets and restaurants.  These bottles are normally available in larger retail outlets, but have
limited availability.  If you are unable to locate the packaging you desire, we suggest that you check with the manager of your favorite retail store to see if he or she can order it for you.
You may be interested to know, we do offer a complete line of products to the suppliers of the retail grocery stores. We cannot, however, insist that either party carry our products.

I followed this up with a phone call to ask them a few more details about what they bottle and in what sizes and they told me as we know they bottle diet coke and coke in 8oz glass bottles, but do have 12oz and actually 16oz coke in glass bottles they make for Mexico. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: